BlackBerry Playbook 4g lte, we have over 1400 pictures on the playbook, trying to get photos onto surface and the prompt was to install new software onto playbook to communicate with surface pro, the playbook stalled half way thru with error message and then crashed, now cannot restart it, it show one long red, three short, and then two short flashes, tried to rebrick, used a corded charger and now at a total loss, can you help? Have i lost photos? do not have a memory card everything is on hard drive, when hooked up to BlackBerry link options are to reconnect, which does not take, or reload os, I am very afraid of loosing photos.
    01-15-16 06:20 AM
    Have I lost photo's? Probably.

If you cant get Link to recognize it, an autoloader at this point may be your only choice to get the device working. It 'will' wipe everything.
    01-15-16 07:32 AM
    when I hook it up to blackberry link it gives me the option to reload the os, will I loose all pictures stored if I take this option? I understand that the playbook stores the os and the photos in different cells and this gives me hope that I have not lost my pictures. Please advise if you have run into this problem and if you have lost info, also does anyone have a service number for playbook on Waterloo Ontario Canada?
    01-16-16 11:09 AM
    so to clarify it, link does recognize it and wants me to reload operating system, the photos were not backed up, I know they should have been but just returned from trip and didn't do it.
    01-16-16 11:16 AM
    Zelda, I wish I could give you a definitive answer. I don't have a spare PlayBook to test whether or not reloading the OS will wipe what's stored on the device but as I recall when I loaded. 2917 on mine about a year and half ago, everything was gone.

Posted from my recently replaced screen Z30
    01-16-16 12:48 PM