So i tried to charge my bb-pp and i got this message CABLE DETECTION FAILOR. and i can dismiss it but it keeps returning and wont charge my blackberry. I tried 4 different chargers even mixing up cables and wall chargers nothing works. I also have to mention that when i had that message i inspected the cable and it seemed like something was cooking inside the end of the cable where the micro usb port is.

I am worried that the defect cable destroyed my microusb connection on the phone. Can anyone relate to this or knows whats up??
    10-31-14 03:35 AM
    Make a hard reset of your device by pressing both the volume buttons simultaneously. It should work. Don't panic.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-31-14 05:50 AM
    well the thing is i need to charge it at least a bit befor i can do that but it wont charge. I even bought a new cable and still the same message.
    10-31-14 06:37 AM
    ok so i have figured out that if i put the cable in and play with it a bt i can get the device to charge. But this was never necessary befor the first cable broke down. Could it be that the metling inside the first cable damaged my microusb port on the device??
    10-31-14 06:54 AM