I would like to type in other languages on the Blackberry Passport, like with the Arabic and Cyrillic alphabet, but am not able to do so correctly on the Latin (English) keyboard device.

When changing the input languages to include Arabic for example, when I press the letter "H" on the keyboard, I do not get the equivalent "H" in Arabic! To further complicate matters, there are two varieties of "H" in the language!

I do not see why the Passport having such a large screen cannot implement a new set of alphabet formats, like Persian, Georgian, and Hindi, that can be touched on the screen directly to bypass the keyboard or perhaps have a QWERTY equivalent or as close to it as possible.

Is there any possible way that this can be resolved? Does anyone have a point of contact that I could be provided with to attempt and assist the company in addressing such an issue?

I would like to get the Passport but cannot do so because I communicate with a variety of people that do not speak English. I am sure that a patch or some type of correction can be made. To my experience, the numbers used in the modern Arabic language are there in addition to punctuation but the letters are totally off!

I suppose there is a limitation of having a keyboard on a device when communicating in different languages but at this point accommodation is certainly possible. To keep ignoring customer requirements, especially when they can be resolved is irresponsible. I feel that with the new CEO positive changes will occur and this is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed. After all, for a keyboard being the defining feature of Blackberry, there needs to be a bit more attention given to its functionality. For now, it is due to the lack of functionality from the keyboard that I prefer other devices like the Z30.
    10-09-14 08:04 AM
    Yeah.. we hope this will be resolved in near future. In the mean time "KeyboMagic" can be used for Georgian, Cyrillic and other alphabets.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 06:36 PM