I have been a faithful BlackBerry user for 10+ years. I just bought the new Passport and hands down its my favorit phone. I do however have one major concern with the phone. The keys do not light up. I have called BlackBerry tech support twice to see how I can turn on the back lights for the keys. BlackBerry tech support tells me that this phone does not have a light for the keys. I can hardly believe this...simply driving in the car at night or answering an email while in bed is impossible with out turning on a light. How can so much thought go into a phone and they still miss this important feature? Does anyone know if I am getting bad information? Can the key lights be turned on?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:11 PM
    Does it not look like this?

BlackBerry Passport-blackberry-passport-7.jpg

Not sure who you talked to but I would exchange it
    01-29-15 08:24 PM
    Yes it does.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:29 PM
    I have been a faithful BlackBerry user for 10+ years. I just bought the new Passport and hands down its my favorit phone. I do however have one major concern with the phone. The keys do not light up. I have called BlackBerry tech support twice to see how I can turn on the back lights for the keys. BlackBerry tech support tells me that this phone does not have a light for the keys. I can hardly believe this...simply driving in the car at night or answering an email while in bed is impossible with out turning on a light. How can so much thought go into a phone and they still miss this important feature? Does anyone know if I am getting bad information? Can the key lights be turned on?

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard should automatically light up, there is NO switch or setting for this and if your Passport does not light up you should return it.
    01-29-15 08:29 PM
    Without the light on the keys though

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:30 PM
    Have you tried a hard reset of the phone? Hold both volume buttons down until the phone restarts. Also, make sure your OS is up to date. There was an issue with the earliest Passport 10.3 where the light sensor wouldn't recognize when there was no light and wouldn't turn on the keyboard backlight.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    01-29-15 08:46 PM
    Have you tried a hard reset of the phone? Hold both volume buttons down until the phone restarts. Also, make sure your OS is up to date. There was an issue with the earliest Passport 10.3 where the light sensor wouldn't recognize when there was no light and wouldn't turn on the keyboard backlight.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    What he said. Good luck. If no joy send it back.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-29-15 08:51 PM