Hi

I'm from Norway and going for a short holiday in New York in January. I'm really interested in buying a BlackBerry passport or a classic in NYC.
    So is there a store where you can buy a BlackBerry without any contract? Or at least one that works in Europe.

Best regards
    Endre

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-20-14 08:36 AM
    You can buy it from amazon and get it delivered to your hotel.

Not sure about local stores.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 08:42 AM
    Okay,
    but I hoped I could try a demo of both phones before I actually buy one.
    12-20-14 08:47 AM
    Okay,
    but I hoped I could try a demo of both phones before I actually buy one.
    None of the carriers carry it so I doubt you'll find it in stores.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 08:53 AM
    Ok, then it may be the best and just order to the hotel.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-20-14 10:09 AM
    Depending on a few things, the Classic may be in AT&T and Verizon stores. Same for the Passport (at AT&T.) Very big ifs, but something to keep in mind, especially if you're on a longish holiday and can still get Amazon to deliver in case you aren't able to locate units in stores.
    12-20-14 01:11 PM
    Only staying for 5 days, so I don't know how fast the shipping is whitin US for Amazon.
    Problem is if it's locked to a carrier I may not be able to use it in Europe.
    12-20-14 05:50 PM
    i'm sure the passport wont be hard to find in nyc....even if its at the smaller shops...or privately off kijiji/craigslist. just make sure it's unlocked. the classic may be harder to track down as it was just released into the wild... as for compatibility in europe can someone fill us in? there's only one version of the passport right? is it a penta-band antenna like some of the q10's?

Posted via CB750
    12-20-14 07:56 PM
    Only staying for 5 days, so I don't know how fast the shipping is whitin US for Amazon.
    Problem is if it's locked to a carrier I may not be able to use it in Europe.
    Amazon offers speeds as fast as one business day. Then there's Two-Day, and their standard as per them is 3-5 days. When you're placing the order, you'll see an estimated delivery window.

Phone is factory unlocked.

there's only one version of the passport right? is it a penta-band antenna like some of the q10's?
    Yes, only one model currently. It's more like...deca-band. So penta-band x2 lol.
    12-20-14 09:07 PM