Before conducting a security wipe of my BlackBerry Classic, I created a full backup using BlackBerry Link. There were no issues during this process.

I then ran the security wipe with the Classic disconnected from the computer. Once it had reset to factory defaults, I tried re-connecting the Classic to my PC; but every time I tried to run BlackBerry Link, Windows now displays a "BlackBerry Link has stopped working" error and the program won't launch.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing BlackBerry Link several times now (even going so far as to manually delete any leftover files/folders with BlackBerry or Research In Motion for good measure) without success. Every time I try to launch BlackBerry Link with or without the Classic connected, it fails before launching with the same "stopped working" error message.

I have no idea what else I can do and want to be able to restore data from the backup, which I can't do without BlackBerry Link. Below are the pertinent stats I can think to provide:

PC OS: Windows 7 (Service Pack 1, 64-Bit)
    BlackBerry Link: Version 1.2.3.56 (Prior to re-installs)
    BlackBerry Classic: BB 10 OS Version 10.3.2.2474
    10-05-16 10:17 PM
    How are you uninstalling BlackBerry Link? Through the built-in Windows uninstaller or are you using the BlackBerry Link uninstall process? You can try cleanly uninstalling it using the Link installer/uninstaller as it sounds as though despite uninstalling it, there's still bits of it remaining. Additionally, you could also just move your backup to a different PC if available and restore that way and deal with the issue later if the backup is the more important part here.
    10-05-16 10:33 PM
    If you have iTunes in your PC and you've recently updated it this may be of interest.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000038592

I'm statng the obvious but make sure to reboot your PC prior to the fresh Link installation

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000002206

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze likes this.
    10-05-16 10:41 PM