This is very much a novice user question, so I apologize if the answer seems overtly obvious to the more experienced among us.

I have a Droid Turbo 2 currently, but am hoping to get the Mercury when it's released. If that's not an option, then I'm getting a Priv sometime in March. I'm subscribed to the Blackberry Hub Services on the Turbo 2 and much prefer those apps to Google's equivalents. I've gone through and disabled the Google apps and would have no issue with repeating the process on a new phone. I'm simply curious as to whether Google requires its apps to be default on all Android devices or if Blackberry apps can be default on these phones.

(Ironically, Google is not helping me find the answer to this question no matter how I word it).
    02-21-17 08:31 AM
    Gmail is the default but you can disabled Gmail app and using hub as default
    02-21-17 08:44 AM
    How can you do that on a DTEK 50? I would be happy to receive emails in a single app and not in three different apps, as it happens now

From my awesome Z30
    02-21-17 09:27 AM
    How can you do that on a DTEK 50? I would be happy to receive emails in a single app and not in three different apps, as it happens now

From my awesome Z30
    Go to settings - apps- Gmail disable it
    02-21-17 09:51 AM