Here in South Africa BB is being discounted to a very high extent an extent that even causes a chill up my spine.. when you walk in a Carrier store and you ask for a BlackBerry DTEK50 or any other, the response you get is "why don't you try a Hauwei or a Samsung instead?" and when you persist they go on to add that BlackBerry no longer has BIS - thinking you aren't aware of this. Why have a product in stock while you aren't even interested in selling it.. a question I ask myself everytime, the knowledge that BlackBerry has gotten into peoples heads, now they think even the devices having the BB brand are not so "great"
    Is there even hope on this side of the world.
    02-28-17 10:37 AM
    None of the DTEK were sold in the US except from a few online sources. Carriers and retailers around the world have simply adjusted to their markets desire for BlackBerry. In Canada... some still carried the DTEKS as the brand has a bigger following there. For some markets... once they dropped BIS, they lost much of their value.

With TCL... only time will tell.
    02-28-17 10:43 AM
    Even in Canada most carrier sales people know very little about BlackBerry devices even if their carrier has them. That plus the lingering confusion about BIS and hearing that "BlackBerry is no longer making phones" makes most sales people just want to avoid them.
    03-01-17 05:58 PM