Hi all,
    I have been up all night trying to figure this out and its driving me crazy,
    I have a bb900 Bold and i have downloaded the latest desktop software V7.1.041,
    i have connected the phone to desktop and backed up, i can see pictures and have managed to sync contact names to outlook express HOWEVER i cannot get calendar to configure,
    when i click configure next to calendar it says The organiser applications on your computer arent supported, it does the same for tasks and memos,
    i am using outlook express v6 and windows xp sp3

Please help
    04-01-15 02:44 AM
    Hi all,
    I have been up all night trying to figure this out and its driving me crazy,
    I have a bb900 Bold and i have downloaded the latest desktop software V7.1.041,
    i have connected the phone to desktop and backed up, i can see pictures and have managed to sync contact names to outlook express HOWEVER i cannot get calendar to configure,
    when i click configure next to calendar it says The organiser applications on your computer arent supported, it does the same for tasks and memos,
    i am using outlook express v6 and windows xp sp3

Please help
    Outlook Express is not well known for compatibility with other systems. There is clearly a software compatibility issue between your BB Desktop manager and MSOutlook Express. My suggestion would be to try using a different program (e.g. MSOffice/Outlook). Perhaps another member can suggest a good one.
    04-01-15 03:08 AM
    Outlook Express hasn't been supported for quite awhile by even Microsoft and is no longer available for newer operating systems. Using a BBOS device, your options are much more limited. Your email type may give you some flexibility with incoming appointments if you're not using POP3.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 05:14 AM
    ok thanks, i, just trying to retrieve / view calendar entries and memos from the phone as it now has a broken screen and i need the info from it, i have managed to do a Full back up but that doesn't allow me to view the info, the only ways i knew to do this was to sync with outlook but i do not have Microsoft outlook only outlook express and haven't the faintest where i can download Microsoft outlook safely for free.
    04-01-15 01:54 PM