Hello buddies, I need a phone that is rough and tough, and has the basic funcionality of
    1)calling,
    2) mailing,
    3) texting,
    4) wi-fi hotspot and
    5) a good battery life.
    So I thought curve 9320 is the one. I am a noob as far as BB is concerned so I have a few questions I want to ask before I buy.
    1. The most important part, like droids and iOS can I see a detailed notification. For example, a whatsapp notification showing the sender and a part of the message. Or only the app icon shows the number of messages and I have to open the app to see the details?
    2. When do I need to subscribe blackberry specific Internet packs? What kind of Internet usage doesn't need blackberry specific pack?
    3. Is mobile hotspot(wireless, not using USB) available? If yes do I have to subscribe a different Internet pack for it or the BIS will serve my purpose?
    And is that a wifi hotspot or using Bluetooth?
    My purpose is to tether for my iPod touch.

Sent from my iPod touch 5G using Tapatalk 2
    09-21-14 11:12 PM
    I think that BlackBerry is very outdated. Why don't you concentrate on a BlackBerry 10 OS device! It has all you are looking for and more! Especially when you get into installing unofficial software once you understand how to do it. I suggest a Q10 for now or a little bit cheaper would be the Q5.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    jack6191 likes this.
    09-21-14 11:23 PM
    I think that BlackBerry is very outdated. Why don't you concentrate on a BlackBerry 10 OS device! It has all you are looking for and more! Especially when you get into installing unofficial software once you understand how to do it. I suggest a Q10 for now or a little bit cheaper would be the Q5.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Actually I am into iOS, and will be replacing my iPod with an iPad anytime. As I said what I need is a basic calling, texting, mailing phone. So all the apps I need, iOS will serve the purpose. Thanks anyways

09-21-14 11:29 PM
    If you're getting an iPad anyway why not just get one with a cellular connection. If you need a phone for voice get a cheap "dumb" phone.
    09-22-14 12:32 AM
    If you're getting an iPad anyway why not just get one with a cellular connection. If you need a phone for voice get a cheap "dumb" phone.
    I have that choice, but wanted to put my hands on this phone. I will be thankful if somebody replies to the exact queries instead of alternatives. Thanks.

09-22-14 01:16 AM
    I have that choice, but I asked the questions because I wanted to try this phone instead of a completely "dumb" phone. I would be grateful if somebody could reply to the exact queries instead of alternatives.

09-22-14 01:18 AM
    Sorry for repeated posts, network error.

09-22-14 01:21 AM
    Issues resolved, it's okay to close the thread. Thanks

09-22-14 11:18 AM
    Hello buddies, I need a phone that is rough and tough, and has the basic funcionality of
    1)calling,
    2) mailing,
    3) texting,
    4) wi-fi hotspot and
    5) a good battery life.
    So I thought curve 9320 is the one. I am a noob as far as BB is concerned so I have a few questions I want to ask before I buy.
    1. The most important part, like droids and iOS can I see a detailed notification. For example, a whatsapp notification showing the sender and a part of the message. Or only the app icon shows the number of messages and I have to open the app to see the details?
    2. When do I need to subscribe blackberry specific Internet packs? What kind of Internet usage doesn't need blackberry specific pack?
    3. Is mobile hotspot(wireless, not using USB) available? If yes do I have to subscribe a different Internet pack for it or the BIS will serve my purpose?
    And is that a wifi hotspot or using Bluetooth?
    My purpose is to tether for my iPod touch.

Hey man. Great choice of phone 9320.
    Even I am looking to buy the same.

Can u plz tell, can I connect my laptop internet using Wi fi hotpsot of 9320, which uses Bis plans.
    Is it possible.
    09-22-14 08:57 PM
    I am firmly in the BB10 camp with my Q5 but can say that the 9320 with a silicone skin is a very tough little phone. I have kept mine as a daily music/podcast player due to its small size, toughness and long battery life. I get lots of use out of my built in FM radio and can use wifi for streaming Tune-in. Music/pics and data files can easily swapped out on the micro SD card. Also I use the the camera and flash-lite if needed and save my Q5 battery for email, text and calls.
    My phone has had a screen protector and silicone skin since day one is in mint condition after many drops due to its light weight and rounded edges. I am appalled at the condition of many used phones on Ebay, Kijikki etc running no protection. (then PPl still want full price for what looks like a road killed phone) I have purchased several of these 9320 wrecks and they still work flawlessly.
    If you want to do much more with the 9320 you will need a BIS plan
    10-29-14 08:31 AM
    Get a Bold 9900/9930 instead of a Curve.

It's a much better and higher quality phone. They can be had cheap now on ebay, or a new one through BlackBerry store. I see people still rockin' a Bold, Curve, not so much.

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Z3 running BlackBerry 10 - 2BBEAACF
    10-29-14 10:52 AM