I accidently dropped my classic into a bucket of water while washing floors the other day scooping it out immediately. I quick threw it into a container full of rice for 36+ hrs and just took it out. I've had it plugged into the charger for over an hour and there is a yellow LED light slowly blinking and whenever I try to turn it on it just shows the battery with the charging symbol on the front. I have tried to restart.. pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds and it tries to restart showing the blackberry classic name and the LED light shows red for about 5 seconds and then back to the yellow LED. Any thoughts???!!
    02-15-17 07:35 AM
    That indicator is a good sign. Keep it on the charger and let it boot up on its own. Don't touch it until it boots. If it doesn't... then I think that's it for your Classic. Unless someone else comes up with something better.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:39 AM
    That's generally what happens when the phone is off and it's charging. It doesn't really sound like the phone is charging for you right now or able to hold a charge.

You could try a hard reset but, unfortunately, I don't think that's going to do much.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:45 AM
    So I switched plug-ins to my computer and now my phone keeps trying to restart itself and switches from red LED light to yellow. Seems to want to start itself but can't quite make it happen. Is there something more/less I should be doing? Not sure if it constantly trying to restart itself is the best for it or not??!
    That indicator is a good sign. Keep it on the charger and let it boot up on its own. Don't touch it until it boots. If it doesn't... then I think that's it for your Classic. Unless someone else comes up with something better.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 08:33 AM
    No, the best thing is to keep it in a wall charger. The wall can output more power than a computer. You should not try to restart the phone, because that uses power as well. If your battery isn't dead, you'll need to let the juices flow as long as possible. If it doesn't turn on within a few hours, with the charger still on it, I'm afraid it's dead.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 08:39 AM
    Yeah it's better to have it plugged into the wall as crackbb10 said. One of the big things they say with water damaged phones is to resist the temptation to turn the phone on until it has had the chance to fully dry.

It almost seems like it's just getting enough charge and starting itself and then basically boots and kills itself again.
    02-15-17 08:48 AM
    is there any way I can stop it from trying to restart itself?
    02-15-17 08:58 AM
    No, unfortunately not AFAIK. It's one of my gripes with BlackBerry 10. Once you plug in a charger, it thinks you want to start the phone and will try to boot once it can

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 05:55 PM