Hello All,

So I have a unlocked white Classic from Hong Kong in the United States. I bought this phone new in a sealed box. When I first put my Sim in I only Edge for 24 hours then the next day I got 4G and all is good. But when I traveled down to visit my family out in Long Island I got LTE a few times. But then it stopped and I stayed solid 4G. Well for funnzies I turned off the network and turned it back on guess what? I got LTE and it stayed until I use the phone for a call it goes 4G and won't come back to LTE unless I turn off the radio and then back on. The data is super fast on LTE but as soon as my signal gets weak bam back to 4G until I reset the radio.
    So my question is why does it do this? Shouldn't LTE be what the phone looks for before 4G? I'm on AT&T I do have the escreen unlocked and if I put it to LTE only it's great just can make or receive a call. Any help is much appreciated.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-25-16 08:53 PM
    LTE

Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Classic unlocked and LTE-1662.jpg  
    08-25-16 08:55 PM
    Is LTE strong where you are?

Also it's normal that on voice calls, it drops out of LTE since most carrier don't have voice over LTE yet
    08-25-16 09:09 PM
    Yes I do have strong LTE. Yes no voice over LTE I meant once I hang up it won't go back to LTE unless I reset the radio.

08-26-16 05:01 AM
    I wonder if the LTE band/s at your nearest tower suffers from congestion....

It could account for why when you make a new connection you can get on to it, but then you get bumped off.

Well, just a thought...

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    08-26-16 06:18 AM
    Yeah it's crazy as my Note 7 stays on LTE but my Classic don't.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 08:34 PM
    It is my understanding that the white classic (being solely a sqc100-1 model) can only connect to two LTE bands AT&T offers being b2 and b5. B2 has some availability and b5 has even less availability. AT&T LTE primarily uses b17 and b4 sometimes as well which the sqc100-1 model is unable to connect to.
    09-11-16 01:39 PM