This isn't the BlackBerry Camera. I have to switch to Video and camera. On BlackBerry 10 they have both options side by side. Want a pic hit the pic button. Want a video? Tap the video icon next to the camera button to switch. This "BlackBerry" camera is not BlackBerry whatsoever unless I'm missing something

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 11:44 PM
    The app on PRIV is the new BlackBerry camera app developed for Android. It will also be evolving to bring more features over the coming weeks and months.
    You can download other camera apps to try out if you prefer having the buttons for photo and video side-by-side.

ps: I believe it wasn't until 10.3 that the photo/video buttons were grouped as you describe on BB10.
    11-09-15 12:02 AM
    The app on PRIV is the new BlackBerry camera app developed for Android. It will also be evolving to bring more features over the coming weeks and months.
    You can download other camera apps to try out if you prefer having the buttons for photo and video side-by-side.

ps: I believe it wasn't until 10.3 that the photo/video buttons were grouped as you describe on BB10.
    Much sooner than 10.3, I'm pretty sure. But, the concept still stands.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:10 AM
    you could be remembering better than me may have been 10.2.1.. so many releases!
    00stryder likes this.
    11-09-15 12:20 AM
    But Android M "wife's note edge" has the camera and video side by side like M copied BlackBerry 10 because the Priv Runs L and that camera option isn't here, I could be wrong but M has that option and BlackBerry 10 has that option but this camera is still in Beta I would think that the Beta version would have that option from the start, after all that feature is VERY productive less steps to switch back and forth and BlackBerry is Known for that. I hope it's fixed like u say... Don't like downloading features from a 3 party that should come stock like camera or flashlight. Besides that the phone is pretty bad a**

11-09-15 04:16 PM
    But Android M "wife's note edge" has the camera and video side by side like M copied BlackBerry 10 because the Priv Runs L and that camera option isn't here, I could be wrong but M has that option and BlackBerry 10 has that option but this camera is still in Beta
    Each OEM vendor builds their own camera app, unless they are using the open source AOSP camera app, which also has video as a separate mode, or Google's camera app. L vs M doesn't really play into it, as the device makers decide how to design their apps. In your wife's case, she is using a Samsung camera app most likely, unless she have loaded a different one.

We're out of beta now that launch has happened, unless the Google Play listing isn't updated yet.
    11-09-15 05:19 PM
    OK so they bring the BlackBerry keyboard which is identical to the one on BlackBerry 10 ... So I was expecting the same thing when it came to the camera and all the other BlackBerry features. It's like their starting over instead of carrying over, no?

11-09-15 09:08 PM
    What about time shift? That was there from the start

11-28-15 02:32 PM