Hi there,

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but what I wanted to know: is the level of security different between BBOS & devices bought by businesses, versus consumers? I have a Q10, for instance, that I purchased from T-Mobile, and use BBM with a limited number of my friends (who don't have BBOS but Android or iOS). Can I say to them that BBM is secure because it's encrypted, or is that a feature only businesses get? A broader question would just be: how does the level of security of BBOS and my Q10 compare with other devices running different OS's?

These might induce long answers, so I'd appreciate even links to articles already covering this information. Thank you!
    07-15-14 02:06 PM
    No difference in the devices - it's the same hardware.

Business do have BES Servers which are much more secure that BIS Network that BBOS devices connect to. But you said you have a Q10 so you don't even connection to a BIS Network. So for most everything other than BBM (emails, web traffice....) your Q10 sends data the same as any other mobile device.

As for BBM, it is encrypted, but it uses a "shared key" that while your next door neighbor is unlikely to hack, law enforcement, James Bond, and aliens from area 51 will have no problem with.

Now BBM Protect is coming for business that will be more secure in the future....
    07-15-14 02:19 PM