Hi, everyone

After purchasing a 16GB Playbook I'm having some problems in connecting it to a Z30 via BlackBerry Bridge, it seems you cannot share emails via bluetooth, even though BlackBerry Bridge directions say this should be possible. In particular, I cannot find a dialogue window that could allow to share emails from smartphone to tablet. I have no problem, however, to view sms, word files, PDF and in listening mp3 music files stored in the smartphone sd card via BlackBerry bridge. Is there anyone that can please explain why? Going through internet I found some 2014 posts explaining the bluetooth connection between playbook and BlackBerry 10 devices is only partial. I have contacted a physical assistence centre, but the owner told me he was not informed about that, since he had not been selling playbooks for long. I enclose the BlackBerry bridge sharing window that I cannot find
    BlackBerry Bridge 3.3.0.38 only partially connecting to playbook-img_20170205_232151.png

From my awesome Z30
    02-19-17 05:04 AM
    You cannot. You were probably reading the description regarding the use of Bridge with an OS 7 smartphone. So, yes, BB Bridge with OS 7 is very limited. Besides, buying a PlayBook today is like buying a Pentium IV powered PC: web browsing is terrible to use an euphemism, everything else is even worse.
    02-19-17 06:05 AM
    You cannot. You were probably reading the description regarding the use of Bridge with an OS 7 smartphone. So, yes, BB Bridge with OS 7 is very limited. Besides, buying a PlayBook today is like buying a Pentium IV powered PC: web browsing is terrible to use an euphemism, everything else is even worse.
    @Powermac: I'm afraid it was a definite feature of BlackBerry Bridge 3.3.38, especially optimized for BlackBerry 10 smartphones, I understand the tablet is outdated, I just wanted to know how to best.use its residual features

From my awesome Z30
    02-19-17 01:24 PM
    @Powermac: I'm afraid it was a definite feature of BlackBerry Bridge 3.3.38, especially optimized for BlackBerry 10 smartphones, I understand the tablet is outdated, I just wanted to know how to best.use its residual features

From my awesome Z30
    It wasn't. The only thing you could do with Bridge, on BB10, was use your BB10 device as a mouse.
    02-19-17 02:17 PM
    Hi, everyone

After purchasing a 16GB Playbook I'm having some problems in connecting it to a Z30 via BlackBerry Bridge, it seems you cannot share emails via bluetooth, even though BlackBerry Bridge directions say this should be possible. In particular, I cannot find a dialogue window that could allow to share emails from smartphone to tablet. I have no problem, however, to view sms, word files, PDF and in listening mp3 music files stored in the smartphone sd card via BlackBerry bridge. Is there anyone that can please explain why? Going through internet I found some 2014 posts explaining the bluetooth connection between playbook and BlackBerry 10 devices is only partial. I have contacted a physical assistence centre, but the owner told me he was not informed about that, since he had not been selling playbooks for long. I enclose the BlackBerry bridge sharing window that I cannot find
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170205_232151.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	417722

From my awesome Z30
    You can view and send BBM messages and Text messages but NO email. You can also video playback to your Playbook from a BB10 device by starting the video on your Passport, for instance, then sharing the video to your Playbook. (I use this quite often and it works great). You can also use Bridge to view photos from your BB10 device and of course you can also stream music from your BB10 device to your Playbook.
    02-19-17 02:31 PM

From my awesome Z30
    The misunderstanding lies in the last version's description. Bridge was indeed optimised for BB OS 10 in its last update, nevertheless the full list of features refers to OS 6/7. As Mecca EL pointed out, you couldn't do much aside from using your phone as a mouse/keyboard/router, using BBM on the PlayBook or reproducing a few files.
    02-19-17 02:33 PM