I have the old Blackberry Bold. The thing I like most about it is that my emails get pushed to me. I bought the Q10 about 1 1/2 years ago not realizing that this feature is no longer available. So i went back to the Bold and threw that $450 waste back into my desk drawer. Does anyone know if the passport will have this feature.
    09-25-14 10:03 AM
    Are you talking about the blackberry.net email? That is no longer available on BB10.
    10-02-14 11:49 AM
    You're thinking of BIS, which would do a virtual push of any POP email you had. For the Q10, you need to set a polling time in the account setup to get the same feature. Since most people are now using some sort of Exchange Active Sync, Gmail, or some kind of IMAP mail, there isn't as much of a difference since most of these are just as instantaneous, and also allow you to sync complete folders, if not calendars and contacts, as in EAS. You may want to go back to the Q10 and see how you have your accounts set up to retrieve mail from the server.

BIS is gone, and will not be back since it was a relic of the old 2G networks where compression was important. Mobile networks have developed, and people expect a much more feature rich experience with their mobile devices. BlackBerry also charged carriers for this feature, and they're not in the position of prominence they were to keep the carriers willing to pay for the service.
    10-02-14 12:05 PM