Virgin Mobile has made me transfer to a Sony Android device. Would like to still use my really handy Blackberry Bold 9790. Is there any way I still use it for emails, text and phone calls...? If not, how can I transfer contacts from my Blackberry to the Android phone?
    06-24-17 02:07 PM
    Virgin Mobile has made me transfer to a Sony Android device. Would like to still use my really handy Blackberry Bold 9790. Is there any way I still use it for emails, text and phone calls...? If not, how can I transfer contacts from my Blackberry to the Android phone?
    Well, without BIS, text and phone calls, sure. Even the Internet and whatsapp with data plan. You can even still reinstall bought apps from BBW. BUT, no email, no BBM, and you cannot buy new apps from BBW.

To move contacts, use "Content Transfer" from BBW and the one from Google PlayStore on the Android phone. It uses Google Drive, essentially.
    06-24-17 02:29 PM
    Well, without BIS, text and phone calls, sure. Even the Internet and whatsapp with data plan. You can even still reinstall bought apps from BBW. BUT, no email, no BBM, and you cannot buy new apps from BBW. ..
    You won't be able to get mail through BIS, but you should be able to install LogicMail and use it for email. See: http://logicmail.org

You just need to make sure your carrier treats your Bold as a generic smartphone and not as a special BlackBerry device.
    06-24-17 03:40 PM
    You won't be able to get mail through BIS, but you should be able to install LogicMail and use it for email. See: LogicMail for BlackBerry

You just need to make sure your carrier treats your Bold as a generic smartphone and not as a special BlackBerry device.
    Uh, that's what I said, no? Asides from LogicMail, that is.
    Thanks for pointing about LogicMail!
    06-24-17 03:47 PM
    Uh, that's what I said, no?
    You said "Well, without BIS, text and phone calls, sure. .. . BUT, no email, ..."

I pointed out that there is an email option without BIS by installing LogicMail.
    06-24-17 03:54 PM
    You said "Well, without BIS, text and phone calls, sure. .. . BUT, no email, ..."

I pointed out that there is an email option without BIS by installing LogicMail.
    Ahh...see. Yes, thank you. My bad.
    Is it any good? Can it accommodate Gmail with its two steps verification system?
    06-24-17 03:59 PM
    Ahh...see. Yes, thank you. My bad.
    Is it any good? Can it accommodate Gmail with its two steps verification system?
    I used it a few years back on my Curve 9320, but like most BBOS software, it hasn't been updated for years.
    06-24-17 04:04 PM
    I see. Thank you for the info.
    06-24-17 04:09 PM
    Try Giff Gaff. They may still have the BlackBerry bis option.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 02:01 AM
    Move here, bro. All of our providers still support BIS. Wkwkwkwk...
    07-24-17 09:24 PM