I read that all Blackberry 10 devices are equipped with BlackBerry Balance. How do you start using it?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:16 AM
    You have to be in a BES12 environment to use Balance, with credentials issued by the BES administrator. It isn't intended for consumers.
    CoachJLewis likes this.
    05-06-15 10:34 AM
    You have to be in a BES12 environment to use Balance, with credentials issued by the BES administrator. It isn't intended for consumers.
    It really should have been made available for consumers also. What if one doesn't work in an office environment with a BES administrator and needs to separate work from personal? Or if going with the Leap being aimed at young entrepreneurs staring up who don't have the $100 a month.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 07:35 PM
    It really should have been made available for consumers also. What if one doesn't work in an office environment with a BES administrator and needs to separate work from personal? Or if going with the Leap being aimed at young entrepreneurs staring up who don't have the $100 a month.

Posted via CB10
    You can always get a BES12 cloud subscription.

Silver package is $25/year.

https://store.blackberry.com/direct/.../SPA-61630-001

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    05-07-15 08:12 PM
    You can always get a BES12 cloud subscription.

Silver package is $25/year.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    That's not as bad I suppose. I've always felt however that balance is a feature they could use to further distinguish BB10 from competitors.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 10:53 PM
    That's not as bad I suppose. I've always felt however that balance is a feature they could use to further distinguish BB10 from competitors.

Posted via CB10
    I can't imagine there would be sufficient payoff to develop, engineer, and deploy a "BES light" feature - for free no less. Particularly when someone could have it all for only $25 a year. It would cannibalise this revenue source, and I doubt it would attract significant users.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    05-08-15 06:25 AM
    But is balance alone attracting customers to use BES? I'm not faulting what your saying I'm just curious.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 02:02 PM
    I vote for Balance without BES!

Great Consumer benefit. Think about having a secure place for doing all banking e.g. stuff!?

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    05-08-15 02:06 PM
    But is balance alone attracting customers to use BES? I'm not faulting what your saying I'm just curious.

Posted via CB10
    If you're the only one on your BES, then Balance is all that you'd benefit from.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    05-08-15 10:37 PM
    So.i could buy bed 12 for 25 a year and get balance? Could I get virtual sim?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 10:45 PM
    So.i could buy bed 12 for 25 a year and get balance? Could I get virtual sim?

Posted via CB10
    You can get Balance for sure. Check out the feature list:

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    05-08-15 10:47 PM
    You can get Balance for sure. Check out the feature list:

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    Yeah just saw that resolves work balance things, but I was now wondering if the job gave me a android (t mobile) and I wanted to use my passport on (att), what should I do to avoid using both devices and just use one? I mean put the work sim in while at work? Or just use my plan?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 11:21 PM
    I vote for Balance without BES!

Great Consumer benefit. Think about having a secure place for doing all banking e.g. stuff!?

Posted via CB10
    Without BES encryption and additional security there's no benefit to Balance as you're using the same network on both sides of the partition. BES also integrates your device as part of a corporate network whether you're onsite or not so network resources (intranet pages, share folders, etc) are always available without a VPN or other workarounds.

It would be very deceptive of BlackBerry to market the feature without BES since there is no added benefit or protection and is just a cumbersome folder structure.

Posted via CB10
    pgg101 likes this.
    05-09-15 12:18 AM
    Without BES encryption and additional security there's no benefit to Balance as you're using the same network on both sides of the partition. BES also integrates your device as part of a corporate network whether you're onsite or not so network resources (intranet pages, share folders, etc) are always available without a VPN or other workarounds.

It would be very deceptive of BlackBerry to market the feature without BES since there is no added benefit or protection and is just a cumbersome folder structure.

Posted via CB10
    I think what he wants is just a way to isolate work and play. Not necessarily a full on BES solution just a Balance Lite per say. As stated above though, doing so I suppose would hurt revenue.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 01:45 AM
    Yeah just saw that resolves work balance things, but I was now wondering if the job gave me a android (t mobile) and I wanted to use my passport on (att), what should I do to avoid using both devices and just use one? I mean put the work sim in while at work? Or just use my plan?

Posted via CB10
    Either bill your employer for your work use, or have them bill you for yours.

Or see this article (I'm not sure if this feature has been implemented yet, but it's close if it's not already):
    http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-a...e-byod-support

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    05-09-15 06:55 AM
    I think what he wants is just a way to isolate work and play. Not necessarily a full on BES solution just a Balance Lite per say. As stated above though, doing so I suppose would hurt revenue.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I meant Blance-Lite.
    A separated place where you only install consumer critical apps (for me ssh, banking software).
    All other apps (fun part) would be separated and can not enter information of the balance lite.
    Of course with "normal" Balance in parallel. So one would have 3 Areas.
    Work, Secure, Fun 'n Play

I wouldn't care about VPN or any encryption of network traffic. That's up to the app in balance-lite.

...this would be a great advantage of BlackBerry with regards to andoiOS ;-)

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:03 AM