Blackberry Appworld is blocked in Nepal and has been blocked for years. This despite BIS being offered through Ncell, the service provider in Nepal.
    I raised a customer support ticket on Blackberry, and I got the following response:

Start of Message:
    Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Your carrier fields queries, provides general support for all services-related issues, and is your exclusive point of contact in these matters. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue, please contact your service provider.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

End of Message

This is what Ncell, the service provider in Nepal says:

Start of Quote

BlackBerry Application World
    BlackBerry App World the official application store for BlackBerry Apps is not available in all countries around the world. BlackBerry Application World is not available in Nepal because Research In Motion (RIM), the global provider for BlackBerry solutions has not provided the facility in this region.

Ncell | BlackBerry Service

End of Quote

It is very strange that both Blackberry and Ncell are pointing at each other and not able to provide Blackberry Appworld in Nepal.

Since Blackberry customer support has closed this ticket and is refusing to entertain correspondence, would appreciate guidance from this forum on how to get this issue resolved.

Regards,
    BR
    07-20-14 10:05 AM
    07-20-14 12:36 PM
    Blackberry Appworld is blocked in Nepal and has been blocked for years. This despite BIS being offered through Ncell, the service provider in Nepal.
    I raised a customer support ticket on Blackberry, and I got the following response:

Start of Message:
    Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Your carrier fields queries, provides general support for all services-related issues, and is your exclusive point of contact in these matters. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue, please contact your service provider.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

End of Message

This is what Ncell, the service provider in Nepal says:

Start of Quote

BlackBerry Application World
    BlackBerry App World the official application store for BlackBerry Apps is not available in all countries around the world. BlackBerry Application World is not available in Nepal because Research In Motion (RIM), the global provider for BlackBerry solutions has not provided the facility in this region.

Ncell | BlackBerry Service

End of Quote

It is very strange that both Blackberry and Ncell are pointing at each other and not able to provide Blackberry Appworld in Nepal.

Since Blackberry customer support has closed this ticket and is refusing to entertain correspondence, would appreciate guidance from this forum on how to get this issue resolved.

Regards,
    BR
    I know it sucks that the app world doesn't work in Nepal. And it does not seem to be changing for the better in the future as the app store itself is going to be limited to mostly work-related apps. This will make way to Amazon's appstore as the default appstore (you can install it right now) in the future OS releases.

Forgot to ask. Which device are you using? If you are running one of the older BBOS 6/7 phones then you are screwed. The newer BB10 devices make installing apps much accessible even without the app world. I know this is not the answer you were looking for but make the most of your phone dude BlackBerry devices offer so much more.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 12:50 PM
    beside appworld can i use internet browser in my blackberry z30 in nepal ???
    11-18-14 05:21 PM
    beside appworld can i use internet browser in my blackberry z30 in nepal ???
    Yes. But few things are blocked in Nepal telecom

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    11-18-14 06:34 PM
    Z30 and other BlackBerry 10 devices doesn't require a subscription plan. You can use the browser, email, BBM and most other services (not the BlackBerry World) with a normal GPRS/3G plan or with wifi in Nepal.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 04:47 AM
    Z30 and other BlackBerry 10 devices doesn't require a subscription plan. You can use the browser, email, BBM and most other services (not the BlackBerry World) with a normal GPRS/3G plan or with wifi in Nepal.

Posted via CB10
    Not true. BB10 phone also has bbm blocked on Nepal Telecom data network.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    11-25-14 09:12 AM
    I have been using BlackBerry Classic since last 2 months in Nepal. I am the great fan of BB and recently bought this high price device while in abroad thinking the great device. But once I am back in Nepal found none of the service is working. Neither BB World is working nor Amazon is working properly, even the inbuilt apps are not updated.
    I am surprised the attitude of BB towards the country as we being the loyal customer for such high end phone, could not access the service provided. I am in the verge to discontinue the phone as I am not able to use the features of BB and other apps in this competitive world.
    Do BB value the customers as us in Nepal and provide the service of BB World or no worth of us.

I expect I will fully utilise BB Classic and be proud to own the legendary brand.

Thanks.
    04-23-15 07:20 AM