Will apps on BlackBerry Android devices work if you deny access, or are they unusable as on my Samsung Tablet. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 04:55 PM
    You might have to elaborate a bit more before anyone can help you out.

For instance, what apps? BlackBerry apps like Hub? And deny access to what?
    09-09-16 04:57 PM
    If you deny access to apps and they need said access to function, then, of course they're not going to work. If it's a function that is requested but not REALLY needed to function, then it will function. That's a baseline answer, you're going to need to offer up some more details such as what apps you're even referring to if you want to get to the nitty gritty.
    09-09-16 04:57 PM
    Thank you, my question was really, dtek, or Priv, if any down loaded app seeks permissions for camera, files, contacts, etc., and I wish to not grant the permissions, is there a way to deny permission and still have the usage of the app.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 07:23 PM
    Thank you, my question was really, dtek, or Priv, if any down loaded app seeks permissions for camera, files, contacts, etc., and I wish to not grant the permissions, is there a way to deny permission and still have the usage of the app.

Posted via CB10
    As Bla1ze said, it's really going to depend on the app. You can't expect to be able to use Instagram but deny access to your photos or Google Maps but deny access to your location.

I'm not an Android user [as of yet] but the principle will be the same, most trustworthy apps shouldn't be asking for permissions that they don't need for some sort of functionality. And, if they aren't trustworthy, well, who knows why you'd want to use them anyway... If you have the Priv or DTEK, you should be able to more closely monitor what each of your apps is actually accessing so you can feel some comfort with that. If an app is doing things that don't make sense, get rid of it. Exactly the point of the DTEK app...
    09-17-16 02:06 PM