I am thinking of buying a used bb and I used to own a Curve back in the day which I loved before I began using Android smartphones. I have an android and iphone but I crave a physical keyboard. I love the typing speed when I can use this type of keyboard but most phones don't offer it anymore. I looked at Q10 but reviews don't seem to be that great. I don't need to access apps although Twitter, Facebook, and IM and emails are pretty important. But I basically just want a good phone to type on because I really don't like touch screens. I saw older BB models on Glyde but I am not sure about purchasing on that is really old because I am not familiar with OS updates since it has been a while since I had my Curve. So, if I buy one I need to know that I can get service for it because it won't be under a contract I would use a prepay service with it. And I want to know that the OS won't be so outdated that the phone becomes useless in terms of the ability to add apps that may not work with an older BB OS. Any ideas or suggestions would be great! I have been reading all the reviews on here, but alot of people are currently using Q10 which I have doubts about or have already traded in and upgraded older BB models. Thanks so much
    01-09-15 07:14 PM
    In 2015 no one should be buying an old BlackBerry.
    pgg101 likes this.
    01-09-15 07:50 PM
    The problem is BIS if no carrier offer bis the phone cannot use BlackBerry service, better getting BlackBerry 10 in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:01 PM
    The 9700 was a TANK.

Well, that's the only good thing I can say about it now. There chances of seeing OS updates are pretty much zero. You could do email, calls, texts and maybe the other social media apps too, but it better be pretty cheaper (like, $30 or under) that it's priced at.
    01-09-15 08:03 PM
    If you want to dabble in BBOS...

What about the Bold 9900 / 9930 ?

Some people around here still kinda like this device.
    01-09-15 08:24 PM
    Just stopped using my 9780 last week. I loved that phone. It will is more functional in some ways that my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 10:46 PM