I'm pretty sure the answer is already in a forum somewhere but I can't seem to find it. . .
    No mater what I do music I place on my Z10 simply won't organize the way it is on my PC... A perfectly organized Music Library on my PC becomes butchered when placed on my device (missing album tags, named artist become "unknown" etc. . . I'm using MediaMonkey to organize my music on my PC. .. i just need a simple way to get it on my Z10 without the errors (I've tried sycing with Link, copy and pasting manually, syning with MediaMonkey and no success. . . any ideas?
    07-21-14 07:46 PM
    You're right, it is around here... somewhere...

And since I'm too lazy to find the post here it goes again:

Download MP3Tag and fix your songs on your PC. It's a long, manual, dull work, but once it's done, you won't ever need to do it again.

Then copy paste them into the SD card. They will display like this:

Blackberry 10 Music Library solution-img_20140721_221547.png

Properly.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    07-21-14 08:17 PM
    Found a thread called "Several songs show as 'unknown'" and this is the solution I'll try .. .

I had an issue like this that I solved using mp3tag. Whenever I had songs come up as "unknown" I noticed that the tags were in both id3 v1 and v2 format. Once I removed the older v1 tags from the files my z10 properly read the correct data from the v2 tags.
    Fortunately MediaMonkey will do this easily to a group of selected songs. .. I'll give it a shot. . . thanks!
    07-21-14 08:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure the answer is already in a forum somewhere but I can't seem to find it. . .
    No mater what I do music I place on my Z10 simply won't organize the way it is on my PC... A perfectly organized Music Library on my PC becomes butchered when placed on my device (missing album tags, named artist become "unknown" etc. . . I'm using MediaMonkey to organize my music on my PC. .. i just need a simple way to get it on my Z10 without the errors (I've tried sycing with Link, copy and pasting manually, syning with MediaMonkey and no success. . . any ideas?
    ...it depends on where you get it from...some 'sources' don't tag the file properly and thus not all devices will read it right...you can use a program called mp3.tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) and you just drag and drop the track with the issue, edit all the fields...drop in album art...then click save...it is a looong process though..but it has been the best thing that I have used to clean up the messy runes that I have had. Also if you put all your music on the device in a uniform manner (same file and folder structure) then things will be smoother too. If I'm not mistaken, all the art .jpeg's are always titled 'folder' all lower case...

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 08:36 PM
    Rofl, go right ahead and use that solution you found... It's the same as I suggested.
    07-21-14 08:42 PM
    . . . Deleted all music off my Z10 . . . Used MediaMonkely to remove all id3 v1 tags . . . Whole library . . . synced libary to Z10 via MediaMonkey and . .. still didn't work . . . Library is PERFECT on PC and is completely crap on Z10 . . . the "Unknown" is pack full of bad titled songs with no album art . . .
    07-22-14 08:11 PM
    . . . Deleted all music off my Z10 . . . Used MediaMonkely to remove all id3 v1 tags . . . Whole library . . . synced libary to Z10 via MediaMonkey and . .. still didn't work . . . Library is PERFECT on PC and is completely crap on Z10 . . . the "Unknown" is pack full of bad titled songs with no album art . . .
    Right, you can also ignore our advice. There is always that.
    pystha likes this.
    07-22-14 08:27 PM
    I'm just not willing to do all this long extra work. . . that will take forever to re tag each song. . .
    07-24-14 12:26 PM
    I'm just not willing to do all this long extra work. . . that will take forever to re tag each song. . .
    You're right. So, stay with all the Unknown songs in your music folder that have no album art. Fixing it would be such a drag.

07-24-14 12:29 PM
    My music is all fixed with Mp3tag. No song is unknown artist or missing album art.

Looks great this way!

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Posted with the Diva's Z10.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-24-14 12:51 PM
    Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 01:05 PM
    I had the same problem, looked through several forums, rebooted, re-synced, pulled the battery, cleaned my tags, tried both the memory card and flash memory -- all with the same result. The Blackberry 10 music player only read the tags properly on about half of my 1800 mp3's. The only solution that everyone seemed to agree on was to re-edit the tags 1 by 1 with the MP3Tag program. This just didn't seem like a realistic option.

So I found Neutron Music Player on Blackberry App World. Seems to be new, costs about 6 bucks, and is an alternative to the native BB10 Musiic Player. Awesome sound, tons of features, and best of all, read all my tags and properly linked album art on every file without a hitch. Wish I had just bought it 3 days and much frustration ago. It even lets you choose whether to pull album art from the tag or folder file, whether to sort by album or album artist...

BTW - I use MediaMonkey too, I did my sync with that -- no problem. MediaMonkey now has a BB10 device profile you can download...

Anyway, it's a quick and easy fix for the bugs in Blackberry 10 music indexing.
    07-25-14 08:26 PM
    Well, glad to know about the MediaMonkey BB10 profile, but realistically speaking:

Mp3Tag edited MP3 files will play and display info right on ALL media players.

Just saying.

Anywhooo... There is a solution to your dilema OP! No MP3Tag needed! Fork those $6!
    07-25-14 08:34 PM
    ...diegonei is right, tags may work in some apps better than others, but it's not a fix to the core problem...my question is, are all you tracks 'legit'?...I suspect the problem tracks are not so much...every single track I have bought from BlackBerry World came up properly...some old rips from before my Storm days cam up as unknown...for reasons that are known...yeah some players will display better ths. others (WMP vs WinAmp for example)...but any track that was suspect has been corrected (and will show up right in any player) in Mp3Tag...it takes a while to fix them all, and Wikipedia is excellent for tracking down the correct album art and other information (proper date, track number etc...) but in the end your library will be listed properly...

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 01:44 PM
    Hi I have similar problem - some albums showing once for each song in it. I tried to fix it with id3iot but no change, even when I renema whole album to different name. See screenshot attached..
    Blackberry 10 Music Library solution-img_20141114_140303.jpg
    11-14-14 07:20 AM