I have just replaced my blackberry 9810 with a BB Z3. Do i need to cancel my BIS subscription or will it continue to function on the Z3? Also how do i set up my telkomsa e-mail on the Z3? I have used the advice found at several places on the internet to no avail.
    04-16-15 12:19 AM
    BIS is not required for Z3 (BB10 devices). You should cancel the existing BIS plan and take a regular data plan for Z3.

I don't know about this particular email setup.
    04-16-15 01:39 AM
    BIS is not required for Z3 (BB10 devices). You should cancel the existing BIS plan and take a regular data plan for Z3.

I don't know about this particular email setup.
    This is correct -- BIS is not required. In my case, as the BIS serrvice add-on doesn't cost me anything, I've left it in place in case I ever needed to use a Legacy device again.

As for your email setup, I'd suggest checking here: How to use the Email Account Validation Tool | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog. This is useful for checking if problems occur.

I took a quick look at the Telkomsa FAQ page. The info is there, at this page: http://www.telkom.co.za/sites/athome...ettingstarted/. Use the "BlackBerry for Email" instructions.
    04-16-15 09:00 AM
    Thanks for the information.

I have tried every single combination that EAVT validates and all to NO AVAIL. It continues to tell me that it cannot reach the server. But strangely enough EAVT is able to send e-mails to me during the validation process. It is therefore obviously something that is not handled properly by Blackberry.
    04-16-15 10:54 AM
    Thanks for the information.

I have tried every single combination that EAVT validates and all to NO AVAIL. It continues to tell me that it cannot reach the server. But strangely enough EAVT is able to send e-mails to me during the validation process. It is therefore obviously something that is not handled properly by Blackberry.
    If your BIS has not been cancelled and you are not on a regular smartphone data plan, that may be interfering. Try removing the sim and setting up over wifi. (if you haven't already done it).

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    04-17-15 02:50 AM