Page does not exist: every single time. Error page is always in desktop mode & I have to click the little magnifying glass search button to search again. The results always pop up just fine & in the mobile version on the second effort but man, it's frustrating.

Anyone know what might be the issue here?

PS: Why the F does the native browser not have the option to flick type? Seems like a prime time spot for that sh*t.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:41 PM
    I haven't experienced the first problem. What os are you on? Does it do that with Google?

And for the second problem, that's because most of the time that you search in that box, you should be putting urls so it's pointless to flick up words because urls contain multiple words combined (usually)

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:48 PM

I've never used a Google search on my Z10. When I open the browser it says 'type search or address', so I type a search. Seems like sound advice.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:54 PM
    When you are typing, press on the downwards arrow next to the "b" and then select Google. Bing sucks.

pin:2B7CAF06
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    08-24-14 09:57 PM
    When you are typing, press on the downwards arrow next to the "b" and then select Google. Bing sucks.

pin:2B7CAF06
    I agree! The only Microsoft thing I like nowadays is Cortana and I'm seriously jealous of how amazing it is. Why can't BlackBerry make something like that. As much as I like BlackBerry assistant, it still doesn't compare to even during, let alone Cortana

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:07 PM
    I have this issue as well. The problem for me is that verizon has changed the default search URL for Bing so they get an affiliate credit.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:34 PM
    I have this issue as well. The problem for me is that verizon has changed the default search URL for Bing so they get an affiliate credit.

Posted via CB10
    You must have posted when Frank was responding. To change search engines, open the browser, type any letter in the search / address box on the bottom. Top right corner, next to the magnifying glass, tap the down arrow. All the search engines you have available will show up with a check mark on the one that is currently in use. Just tap whichever one you prefer to use and it will be set. If you want to delete any of them, Bing, for instance, just long press on Bing and a trashcan will appear when the side menu comes out.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    08-25-14 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the help & feedback. Looks like the best bet is to just scrap Bing altogether.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:56 AM
    You must have posted when Frank was responding. To change search engines, open the browser, type any letter in the search / address box on the bottom. Top right corner, next to the magnifying glass, tap the down arrow. All the search engines you have available will show up with a check mark on the one that is currently in use. Just tap whichever one you prefer to use and it will be set. If you want to delete any of them, Bing, for instance, just long press on Bing and a trashcan will appear when the side menu comes out.

I actually don't want to use another search engine. I've used it long enough that it had relevant results when I search for many things. I also get points that I use to get Amazon Gift Cards. I'd prefer for Verizon to stop being idiots and fix their links.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:01 AM
    I actually don't want to use another search engine. I've used it long enough that it had relevant results when I search for many things. I also get points that I use to get Amazon Gift Cards. I'd prefer for Verizon to stop being idiots and fix their links.

Posted via CB10
    Glad you are satisfied. Don't think the other thing on your wish list will ever happen. I've been dealing with Verizon for a long time and I have discovered that the best way to deal with them is to try not to deal with them at all.

08-25-14 08:11 AM
    Noticed the same thing happening.
    I just press Web, Image, Video, etc at the top of the page and the search results are displayed.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:11 AM
    Thanks for the help in changing the default search engine!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:01 AM