Anyone have suggestions for music streaming services (paid or free) that don't require we agree to a whole bunch of ridiculous permissions?

I just tried the Spotify App and Deezer, as I have heard good things, but I can't get comfortable with the permissions.

I'm actually fine just using a service in the browser if you know of a service that offers that function?
    08-05-15 01:27 AM
    Slacker radio. See attached photo of the two permissions it asks for. .and I have them turned off

Also, if you have t-mobile, you stream for free without using up your monthly data.

List of their "free" streaming apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=ZH-fImAO
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150805_012718.png 
Views:	204 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	365387

 Q10
    08-05-15 03:28 AM
    Seems the link does not work. Stupid forum.

Just search for t-mobile music freedom in your search engine.
    08-05-15 03:29 AM
    08-05-15 04:48 AM
    Been using Slacker Premium for a couple days. I would say it's OK, but not great, or even good for that matter. The feature set for BlackBerry isn't nearly as robust as other platforms.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but it doesn't seem to be able to make a playlist, download (cache) for offline listening, or even play the right song for certain artists.

Is it just me, or does everyone else have these problems too?

Any fixes or other app suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 08:33 PM
    I use Siriusxm because it's included with my car satellite radio sub.

The android app works good on my classic. Good stations, and let's you customize some of the stations to meet your needs

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 10:23 PM
    The best is radio.de from Germany -- no special permissions required, on BlackBerry World. I don't think there's an English-language version though. Hundreds of choices. Every kind of music conceivable. All you need.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 01:06 AM
    I like Nobex... they have lots of permissions but you can adjust as needed.

Hmmmmmmm, of course that is not really a streaming service and just a portal for Internet radio and podcasts.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 10:06 AM
    I use Slacker, Live365, Pandora, and on BB10 i also use RadioPlayer+.

Slacker: the BB version is limited as though they created the bare-bones basic and left it at that. It does, however, have access to all my personalizations that i do when signed into other versions. For BB10 you can get the android version to get the other features, this one is clunky but if you have the paid subscription for it you can have your offline music feature. Now, for TMI: If you have BB7, there is a very well-designed Slacker app that does everything better. This is where i add my newly found songs to existing playlists, and where i have my offline music, since this BB7 version lets me put it on my media card. The playlists and favorite stations can be accessed on the BB10 even if it cant create them anymore. (You can even save offline ALBUMS with Slacker, alhough you may or may not get all the songs, the copyright permissions seem to change minute by minute.)

CLARIFICATION: you can have one paid slacker subscription on more than one device provided you are only using it on one device at a time. But you can not use the offline feature on more than one device at a time. Dont worry, it will remind you.

Live365: For BB10 use the android version. If you have a BB7 get the older program designed for BlackBerry, it has an amazing menu interface

Pandora: Had problems stopping and starting sometimes, other times works like a champ, the Apollo version for BlackBerry was discontinued, but where i still have it i still use it. The regular app from BlackBerry World works fine.

Radioplayer+: this is just a radio player with lots of stations to choose, but these are regular radio stations with or without the commercials that come with them.

I prefer to pay for these subscriptions (except radioplayer+) to have commercial free listening. The free version of Live365 gives you a more limited station selection.

I have Sirius too but find i really dont use it much anymore and wont be renewing that subscription. (it is cheap to add the online subscription to your radio account if you have one, but not-so-cheap for online access alone.)

I highly recommend all these choices, and they all come with a free version option. I know Slacker, Live365, and Pandora can offer streaming from a website.
    08-08-15 12:41 PM
    Ok, adding my vote for 8tracks. This is something i just played with tonite and i am in love, i never turned it off. Using 2-week commercial-free trial run. This app is so cool cuz you keep hearing stuff you never heard before (if you're me) and huge selection of music 'stations' to choose from.
    08-09-15 05:39 AM