hello,,

BES5 deployments were easy. Deploying BES10 devices(q10 and z30) and so far have about 10 of them out there in a pilot. A few more steps to set them up vs. BES5, on the handheld; some users get confused during the set up process. . Additionally I have 2 that won't populate contacts - one q10 and one z30. Running Windows 2010, BES 10.2.3. Blackberry spent hours on the q10 last week - wiped device, sent device logs, bes logs, active sync logs; won't even synch contacts thru BB Link. No solutions. Need to figure this out before I deploy another 100 of these. BlackBerry has escalated, waiting for a call on Tuesday. Hardware issue? I kind of doubt it. The other 8 seem to be fine, including my own q10. . All Outlook setting are the same for all users..
    Any feedback appreciated! It shouldn't be this hard! Thanks
    08-31-14 09:00 AM
    Hey Dave,

I've deployed over 1000 bb10 and for some reason I have the same challenges with a "very very small percentage" of them and those impacted clients are usually VIP.

I typically remove the email/cal/contacts profile from them in BES10.2.2 and then readd it. Also of note is that the VIP typically have a million (useless) contacts so I ask them to clean old friends as a best practice.

For 'fun' I also activate them on an iPhone (or any Active Sync device) to see if the issue follows them, it does. Once they clean out the old contacts, things begin to run smooth again on what ever device.

PS: we're using Exchange 2010.

Hope that helps
    @MartinJDub
    08-31-14 04:47 PM
    hello,
    thanks for this.
    Question - when you send out a device to a user in another city or bldg. - you create their profile in BES - BES emails the activation PW and activation steps. Are you finding your users are setting them up without questions? Are they finding the device intuitive enough to not call for support? So far, mine are having questions and I have to handhold everything...Dave
    09-02-14 07:28 PM
    When we first rolled out the Z10/Q10 way back when they were launched, the activation process was new to my team, users and our help desk, we certainly saw an increased number of calls. Since then, our help desk, users and the documents we use to support both have improved so the support calls have dropped substantially. I suggest you'll have the same results.

For perspective, we deploy 20-40 BlackBerry 10 a month and I'd suggest that we receive less than two tickets a month from our help desk that are activation related. Currently we have over a 1000 BlackBerry 10 in our environment.

If you want to chat directly via email or phone, I'd be happy to share my contact information

Posted via CB10 app & my killer BlackBerry Z30
    09-04-14 08:15 AM