I am not the BES admin but I work with them. I have never known an Admin who allowed a BB that was not purchased by us to be allowed on their BES. An example, user has a BB that was handed down to them from someone outside of our company. User offered to send in the BB to be wiped and set up by us before we put it on our BES but Supervisor declined.

Why? What is the reasoning for this? We don't make money on the purchase equipment. We would be wiping the BB before it even hits our BES so there wouldn't be any unknown software on it.
    Thoughts?
    12-09-14 01:49 PM
    I am not the BES admin but I work with them. I have never known an Admin who allowed a BB that was not purchased by us to be allowed on their BES. An example, user has a BB that was handed down to them from someone outside of our company. User offered to send in the BB to be wiped and set up by us before we put it on our BES but Supervisor declined.

Why? What is the reasoning for this? We don't make money on the purchase equipment. We would be wiping the BB before it even hits our BES so there wouldn't be any unknown software on it.
    Thoughts?
    Only thing I can think of is that the outside person knows the PIN and can try to impersonate someone else. Other than that, No. Did you ask the admin?
    12-09-14 02:44 PM
    Use to do some support for a large company using BES and we allowed any BlackBerry on but only supported company issued ones. So if didn't work we offered to wipe and reactivate but nothing else on device.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 03:12 PM
    No. Its more a curiosity then an issue with me. The company I work for is.....odd shall we say. They block a lot of things so this isn't a surprise to me. I just wanted to see if other people had this experience and what their reasoning would be. When the user offered to let us wipe it and install our prototypical on it, I thought it wouldn't be an issue.
    12-10-14 08:17 AM