I'm on BlackBerry Passport, with latest official OS. Recently, some unknown number started msging me with 'Hi, please call me back.' I ignored it since; I really don't know that number and it could be some spam.

Being harassed by unknown caller but can't block?!-img_20150522_162328.png

On the fourth day, there's a miscall,but I was working and phone away so heck if it's important, that fella will call back.
    What I didn't expect was, the next time it called, after I answered, the unknown number immediately hung up! Like wtf? That annoyed me and I just didn't bother.
    And suddenly few days later, it came in a very gibberish shortformed Malay msg.

Being harassed by unknown caller but can't block?!-img_20150522_163820.png

Being harassed by unknown caller but can't block?!-img_20150522_171125.png

Being harassed by unknown caller but can't block?!-img_20150522_211941.png

Being harassed by unknown caller but can't block?!-img_20150522_223013.png

I got some of my friends who's literate in Malay slangs to translate for me and seems like this dude is mistakening my number to be his gf/wife who ran out of him and his kid? And started cussing me.

Then the harassing calls begin

Being harassed by unknown caller but can't block?!-img_20150523_222716_edit.png
    That's when I remembered the phone having Call blocking function only to realise it doesn't work. Because it requires a password that I have never set before. Close ended loop here. Is blackberry trying for a Call-Blockception?

Being harassed by unknown caller but can't block?!-img_20150523_190113.png

Is my OS faulty or this function really doesn't work on a BlackBerry phone? I did contemplate to buy the call blocker app, but this dude just isn't worth my $ 2.99.

EDIT (update) : Thanks for all the suggestions people. And yes I have decided to download the app Spambox because the guy is starting to send me sappy messages and calls. I can report back that after I got the app, I didn't get anymore harassment from that dude. And thank you again Crackberry with the awesome community support.
    Last edited by keepingsane101; 06-03-15 at 04:33 AM.
    Sonda Santiago likes this.
    05-23-15 09:36 AM
    There's quite a few call blocking apps in BlackBerry World I'd recommend Mr Call or Spambox both are free and extremely well built.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 09:45 AM
    That's weird. Apparently you can't even block individual numbers either?
    I guess you should contact your carrier and report the number there
    05-23-15 09:54 AM
    There is no native number blocking feature on BB10 yet.

You can use a third party app... but what i would really recommand is to check with your carrier, some provide a blocking service.

Otherwise, also check the legislation in your country regarding unsollicitated calls. You can probably report it to a police as harassment.

One final resort, change number!
    05-23-15 10:00 AM
    Change number is not an option I'd consider. I've had this number for 10 years. Never had an issue like this badly. Guess if this guy still keeps on harassing me, I'll call up the carrier about my call blocking options. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 07:53 PM
    Try Spambox. It's free and has call, text and email blocking. Works good.

Posted via CB10
    keepingsane101 likes this.
    05-24-15 12:46 AM
    I downloaded Spambox. Yes it's a simple to use app. Hope there's no more disturbances from that guy. Thanks guys. Though I'd wish BlackBerry would fix this issue? Or if they don't want to provide it, then don't put that function there in the first place. I have friends and family chiding me for not using call blocking function and then for me to tell them my BlackBerry phone can't. :/

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 12:55 AM
    Never answer an unknown call but since you have answered, watch your phone bill as those kind of calls are to use your service as theirs and charge to your phone

Posted via CB30
    05-24-15 03:05 AM
    I downloaded Spambox. Yes it's a simple to use app. Hope there's no more disturbances from that guy. Thanks guys. Though I'd wish BlackBerry would fix this issue? Or if they don't want to provide it, then don't put that function there in the first place. I have friends and family chiding me for not using call blocking function and then for me to tell them my BlackBerry phone can't. :/

Posted via CB10
    The feature you showed on the screenshot isn't to block specific numbers but just to block all incoming calls.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 06:27 PM
    Yeah well, if I recalled correctly my previous other phone models (not BlackBerry) had that function where I can set to block certain numbers, so I assumed that this is one of the basic functions of *all* mobile phones.

In 10.2.xxx is there an option for 'Manage phone number ' then under it 'Manage block numbers'?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 07:38 PM
    Yeah well, if I recalled correctly my previous other phone models (not BlackBerry) had that function where I can set to block certain numbers, so I assumed that this is one of the basic functions of *all* mobile phones.

In 10.2.xxx is there an option for 'Manage phone number ' then under it 'Manage block numbers'?

Posted via CB10
    Android phones can yes, On BlackBerry, add the phone number as you did, and change the contacts ringtone to silent. Nothing will stop them from calling, best you can do is to stop your phone from indicating they are calling. Or contact your carrier and advise of the unsolicited calls and they have internal processes for blocking spammers.
    05-24-15 08:28 PM
    Android phones can yes, On BlackBerry, add the phone number as you did, and change the contacts ringtone to silent. Nothing will stop them from calling, best you can do is to stop your phone from indicating they are calling. Or contact your carrier and advise of the unsolicited calls and they have internal processes for blocking spammers.
    I have no idea why BlackBerry haven't implemented a call blocking feature. Bizarre.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 11:11 AM
    It's there (the option) just can't use it.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 10:39 PM
    Down load an app called Blockit. Individual calls emails texts. You pick what contract or numbers you want to block. Been using it for upwards of four months now. Works excellent.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 11:21 PM
    You can also try the following apps

Message Filter for email and text message for OS10.2+

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/24430033

BuzzOff for Individual Caller ID blocking. Need OS10.3+

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/59940253/
    06-02-15 08:57 AM
    I appreciate there are third-party apps but I feel BlackBerry have unwisely placed the responsibility of trusting others with your calls and private messages into the hands of users instead of just implementing the basic functions themselves.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 11:14 AM
    It's there (the option) just can't use it.

Posted via CB10
    I have an ATT Passport. I called Blackberry tech support and they said it's a carrier issue.

℘ℴƽ�ℯđ √�� �ƽ� ℘�ƽƽ℘ℴř�
    06-15-15 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD