Hi there,
    I read many posts regarding this issue but I still don't know how to get my Z10 online. So I bought it a month ago, it is a 'neverlocked' phone. For the beginning I used it in Orange (Romania-EU), but then I found a very good offer at another operator, it's called RCS-RDS (Digi-mobil) and it is a kind of local carrier, but after registering at Blackberry ID, it has been recognized, so my carrier appears in my personal info...
    With the first SIM card it was not necessary to edit any settings for internet, but anyway, the APN settings were editable. For the current operator, the APN settings are greyed out and the internet is not working. The phone dealer says that it is a sim card problem, but the carrier told me it's a phone problem...
    I also mention that the SIM card works perfectly on STL100-1 model, APN is also editable...
    Can somebody please help me out with this issue? I really like that Z10...
    07-06-14 06:00 AM
    Hi there,
    I read many posts regarding this issue but I still don't know how to get my Z10 online. So I bought it a month ago, it is a 'neverlocked' phone. For the beginning I used it in Orange (Romania-EU), but then I found a very good offer at another operator, it's called RCS-RDS (Digi-mobil) and it is a kind of local carrier, but after registering at Blackberry ID, it has been recognized, so my carrier appears in my personal info...
    With the first SIM card it was not necessary to edit any settings for internet, but anyway, the APN settings were editable. For the current operator, the APN settings are greyed out and the internet is not working. The phone dealer says that it is a sim card problem, but the carrier told me it's a phone problem...
    I also mention that the SIM card works perfectly on STL100-1 model, APN is also editable...
    Can somebody please help me out with this issue? I really like that Z10...
    Can you edit the APN settings still? Input the correct ones for your network.. To get you started... Google RCS-RDS APN settings... Go to the first site and the settings are there I would post the link but its marked as spam :S
    07-06-14 10:07 AM
    Thank you for your answer.
    I know the APN settings I have to change, but the APN editing fields are greyed out. I mean I have no acces to type something in there or save. I tried to edit the settings with my previous SIM card, but after replacing with the new SIM card, everything is gone. I tried also to input the APN settings through escreen, the same thing: I cannot save settings.
    I also discussed with the technical support of the carrier, they are not able to send the settings via SMS/MMS to install them on the phone.
    07-06-14 10:22 AM
    Thank you for your answer.
    I know the APN settings I have to change, but the APN editing fields are greyed out. I mean I have no acces to type something in there or save. I tried to edit the settings with my previous SIM card, but after replacing with the new SIM card, everything is gone. I tried also to input the APN settings through escreen, the same thing: I cannot save settings.
    I also discussed with the technical support of the carrier, they are not able to send the settings via SMS/MMS to install them on the phone.
    Cannot they send the settings to another phone if you put the SIM in another phone? Normally the settings come automatically when the SIM detects a new device. Try putting the SIM in another device and back into the BlackBerry and see if the settings come! Btw also in the APN settings in settings there's a option which says reset to default... Have you tried that?
    07-06-14 10:27 AM
    I tried to put the SIM card in a BBZ10 STL100-1, an older model, 3G, and everything was fine: internet working, APN settings available for editing. I changed the APN settings with no problem, but after inserting the SIM card in my phone, the settings were gone.
    Btw also in the APN settings in settings there's a option which says reset to default... Have you tried that?
    I don't understand exactly this 'reset to default' issue. I'll take a look... But before, I tried to reset the phone to factory settings...and nothing happened. Also tried to get latest OS update, it says that I have the latest version (10.2.1.2104). Tried to update via BB Link....the same 'you have the latest version'
    07-06-14 10:38 AM
    I tried to put the SIM card in a BBZ10 STL100-1, an older model, 3G, and everything was fine: internet working, APN settings available for editing. I changed the APN settings with no problem, but after inserting the SIM card in my phone, the settings were gone.

I don't understand exactly this 'reset to default' issue. I'll take a look... But before, I tried to reset the phone to factory settings...and nothing happened. Also tried to get latest OS update, it says that I have the latest version (10.2.1.2104). Tried to update via BB Link....the same 'you have the latest version'
    Someone has this solution... Try this! Google BlackBerry10 Locked APN Solution... Go to the CrackBerry link.. I cannot post links to the CB site because it thinks CB is spam :\

The first link is what you want!
    07-06-14 10:54 AM
    Someone has this solution... Try this! Google BlackBerry10 Locked APN Solution... Go to the CrackBerry link...
    The first link is what you want!
    Well, thank you once again...I tried this one also ...no results...The APN settings were locked before any connection to the mobile network...
    07-06-14 11:21 AM
    I will try security wipe or reload os

If nothing else works

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    07-06-14 11:31 AM
    I will try security wipe or reload os

If nothing else works

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    You mean reset to factory settings? If yes, I already did it...
    07-06-14 12:03 PM
    All I can suggest is to try 10.3?
    07-07-14 10:55 AM
    Thanks,
    Is that a leaked OS? I suppose I'll find it here on the Crackberry site?
    I'll try it in the weekend 'cause I'm getting tired of this subject...***** carrier, they even don't know what's all about...***** phone dealers...
    07-07-14 11:11 AM
    Yeah check the leaked OS threads... It might be fixed in the more recent updates. Don't really understand why its happening in the first place. Normally the APN settings are pushed directly by the carrier.. Only time when they are not editable is when the carrier asked BlackBerry to not make them editable.
    07-07-14 11:23 AM
    well, this carrier - very local, only in a few countries in Eastern Europe - I don't think they are able to have such a discussion with BB. As I said, they even don't know what I'm speaking about when called them for support... Unfortunately they have the best offer in the market...so I'll stick with them and I'll solve this issue somehow...
    Thanks a lot for your support.
    07-07-14 11:38 AM
    well, this carrier - very local, only in a few countries in Eastern Europe - I don't think they are able to have such a discussion with BB. As I sayd, they even don't know what I'm speaking about when called them for support... Unfortunately they have the best offer in the market...so I'll stick with them and I'll solve this issue somehow...
    Thanks a lot for your support.
    Your welcome! If anything call tech support but ask for a supervisor or manager? He/She might know... They're normally the ones who teach the little ones underneath them.. Most of tech support just read from a piece of paper.
    07-07-14 11:42 AM
    In a 'country of fools' you might be suprised that those managers and supervisors are more stupid than the 'little ones underneath them'...we are used to get bull**** as technical support...that's the way things are working over here...
    I'll come back with a feedback after trying the leaked OS.
    Last edited by Basil Grosswardein; 07-07-14 at 12:42 PM.
    07-07-14 11:59 AM
    You seriously hate where you live don't you.... But yeah, Good luck!
    07-07-14 12:09 PM
    Not really...but these are the facts...and this is the world we're live in...It's OK.
    07-07-14 12:36 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228, this has been an issue that I gave up on, my carrier set me on a fix apn while they are using a different apn for other phones... I wanted to change it because it seemed the other apn is faster somehow well the speedtest

I think it has to do with the phone version that you can't edit and less with the carrier...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:59 PM
    You should be able to unlock the APN field by bringing up the keyboard and typing a, p, n. The keyboard is brought up by sliding 2 fingers from the bottom.

Sorry if you've already done this.
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    07-07-14 01:28 PM
    thanks, I'll try...where do I have to bring up the keyboard? In thehome screen?
    07-07-14 01:41 PM
    You should be able to unlock the APN field by bringing up the keyboard and typing a, p, n. The keyboard is brought up by sliding 2 fingers from the bottom.

Thanks it worked, about to try to edit!

Do it from the apn setting

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:28 PM

Something new we learn everyday huh! Thanks for that tip!
    07-07-14 07:42 PM
    Hi guys...
    I followed your instructions and I got the screen were the APN setting were free to edit...I even had an active 'save' button...But I don't believe that my changes were saved somewhere, as long as I still have '3G-voice only'...
    I had a long conversation with the carrier's tech support, but in my opinion they are completely idiots, they even don't understand what I was speaking about...
    Anyway, is that a good idea to send the phone to a service? Could be the phone with some problems? Is there any problem that the phone is 4G and the network is 3G?
    Should I better try the leaked OS?
    07-08-14 10:55 AM
    Hi guys...
    I followed your instructions and I got the screen were the APN setting were free to edit...I even had an active 'save' button...But I don't believe that my changes were saved somewhere, as long as I still have '3G-voice only'...
    I had a long conversation with the carrier's tech support, but in my opinion they are completely idiots, they even don't understand what I was speaking about...
    Anyway, is that a good idea to send the phone to a service? Could be the phone with some problems? Is there any problem that the phone is 4G and the network is 3G?
    Should I better try the leaked OS?
    With my Z10 I had it locked to 2G networks because I used to go mad with phone calls... 17 hour's worth of phone calls everyday :\

When the settings were 'saved', could you close the settings app properly and access that APN page and would your settings still be there? If so then try a restart with them settings saved? Or flick Mobile Network off and on.. Sometimes that helps?
    07-08-14 11:40 AM
    No, after 'saving', in the APN settings screen, I mean the 'regular' one, the edit field is still empty and greyed out...I also switched mobile networks on and off, and restarted the device...
    I also called those bastards from tech support once again...they said there is no restriction using BB in their 'village' network...
    07-08-14 01:34 PM
28 12