I have recently upgraded to the BlackBerry Passport and restored everything from my Z30. Now when I go in to BBM, the icon will be grey if the contact is unavailable or white if they are available. Why is this not green?

Please help.

I also have the issue of the contacts not saving as the dark menu

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    10-23-14 09:36 AM
    Things change. That's how it works on 10.3.

Not sure what you mean about the contacts, but I'd try a reboot: Hold the top buttom and ignore the screen prompts to reboot/turn off. Hold it till you see the BlackBerry loading screen.
    10-23-14 09:39 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Is that a definite that it is now white for everyone using 10.3 onwards?

In contacts settings, you can select dark background instead of white, however it won't save.

I have read in the forums that this is an issue from reloading data from a different handset.

I'm hoping an update will fix this.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    10-23-14 11:56 AM
    What do you mean it won't save? You change the setting, close BBM and next time you go in (and from then on) it will be the theme you picked.

Yep, that's how it is from now on. Flat/minimalist design all over.

Restoring data from backups usually messes a few things up. Usually, we don't restore settings and BlackBerry Runtime (in the Apps bit) to prevent issues.
    10-23-14 06:57 PM
    In the Contacts app. If you toggle to dark background. Says to close app and re-open to take effect. It goes back to the light option.

BBM and SMS dark themes work ok.

From reading other forums it would appear I'm not the only one with this problem.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    10-23-14 10:55 PM