Hey Crackberries,

Despite BBM not being very battery efficient, it is using a lot of data, even if it's not used. On a usual day it uses about 10mb, without having send any pictures or using voicemail or videochat. I blocked all other apps of connecting with BBM, but the usage of data remains the same. Even if i try to block BBM via parental control, it is downloading and uploading in the background. What is this? Can it be stopped?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:37 AM
    Do you use bbm at all? Some say if you haven't gone in to accept the terms and conditions this drains battery for some odd reason. If you are in any groups, whether you open it up on or not the peoples messages will come through who are talking in the group, same with channel posts.
    10-06-14 08:06 AM
    I use it, but not much. My brother doesn't use it at all and for him the problem is even severe. 10mb per day doesn't sound much, but if you are on a 1gb per month data plan it means that 300mb are just going to be used for bbm, even though i am not in any group and just use messaging with 2 people, no video or audio chat and no pictures send.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:39 AM
    I dont know if BlackBerry alow turning off bbm in setting. Please add feature to set up to control bbm from headless running

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:54 AM
    Yes, exactly! BlackBerry should give it's users the freedom to stop bbm. So far bbm is sending and receiving lots of unaccountable data, which is quite problematic in several ways

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:22 AM
    Bbm location setting is on or off?
    10-06-14 09:36 AM
    Location setting off. Everything off what can be put off.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:38 AM
    Weird.
    I have over 80 Contacts, 2 groups and a few channels... my device monitor shows 2.2mb/down 620kb/up for the last 48hrs

Never had a data leak on bbm :s
    10-06-14 10:24 AM
    Weird indeed. it's also not only my own Z10, but also my brother's. He has got also the problem that bbm drains his battery on a ridiculous amount, only hard reset helps but only for some hours, so he does up to two resets per day. He is hesitant to reinstall the OS because he can't backup all the apps, especially content within some apps. We both like the z10, but this issue with bbm is really causing a lot of stress

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:17 AM
    I am getting annoyed by bbm too, every three days or so, it creeps up in memory usage, the phone status to heat up incredibly warm with absolutely no use while this happens (it has risen to over 80% memory usage and up to 50 mb of device data). I wish I could completely remove bbm and install a lower version more stable! Anyone know how.. haven't been able to use BlackBerry Link from day one on my computer... is there a different way?

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    10-14-14 11:36 AM
    I am getting annoyed by bbm too, every three days or so, it creeps up in memory usage, the phone status to heat up incredibly warm with absolutely no use while this happens (it has risen to over 80% memory usage and up to 50 mb of device data). I wish I could completely remove bbm and install a lower version more stable! Anyone know how.. haven't been able to use BlackBerry Link from day one on my computer... is there a different way?

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    Yes
    Download sachesi
    Download the bbm bar file for a lower version
    "Install" the bbm bar file using sachesi

You can find a lower version in thurask's os post
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    10-14-14 09:06 PM
    Yes
    Download sachesi
    Download the bbm bar file for a lower version
    "Install" the bbm bar file using sachesi