AT&T pushed the 10.3 update to my wife's Z10 yesterday and now BBM runs the error message that it is not connected. I have restarted several times and searched forums, but can't find a fix. Blackberry says the problem is an unofficial build of 10.2.1 but she's only run the official AT&T OS. Is there a fix? I really hate to reset and have to reload everything. I have a recent backup, but don't know if restoring will work. Any help?

Btw, got the same push on my Passport, but no issues.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 11:53 PM
    Go into your settings / about/hit the drop down and go to network and bottom left hit the three dots and hit register device.

A genius in sheeps's clothing.
    06-21-15 12:01 AM
    Go into your settings / about/hit the drop down and go to network and bottom left hit the three dots and hit register device.

A genius in sheeps's clothing.
    Thanks, but that didn't work. Still have a bright red exclamation point and an unending twirling circle: "BBM has lost its connection. Please wait while server attempts to reconnect."
    06-21-15 11:38 PM
    Fixed the problem by reloading the OS. Using the IE method. Backed all the data up first and reloaded afterward. My wife is happy.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 06:42 PM
    Hi water.rodent. I just got the update on my Verizon Z10 and the same issue as your wife.What is the IE method?
    07-07-15 11:44 AM
    Hi water.rodent. I just got the update on my Verizon Z10 and the same issue as your wife.What is the IE method?
    I followed the instructions in this Crackberry post: How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com
    It can be finicky--I missed clicking the OK button in time the first go-round. But it is easy to start over and I caught it the second time. You can use Blackberry Link too, but I read a number of posts that complained that Link either didn't find the update or hung up in the middle of the update.
    Finally, make sure you do a full backup before you do this update, because everything will be wiped. Save contacts to the SIM, etc. After the update, and the restore from backup, I still had to twiggle with settings and some of the new apps that come with the update, but it was no big deal.
    Good luck!
    07-08-15 01:05 AM
    I followed the instructions in this Crackberry post: How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com
    It can be finicky--I missed clicking the OK button in time the first go-round. But it is easy to start over and I caught it the second time. You can use Blackberry Link too, but I read a number of posts that complained that Link either didn't find the update or hung up in the middle of the update.
    Finally, make sure you do a full backup before you do this update, because everything will be wiped. Save contacts to the SIM, etc. After the update, and the restore from backup, I still had to twiggle with settings and some of the new apps that come with the update, but it was no big deal.
    Good luck!
    water.rodent, I meant to reply back sooner. Thank you for your quick help - I really appreciate that. I was playing around with my "new" phone and realized I had been putting off updating BBM for months. I thought I'd try that thinking maybe there was something specific to the new OS. That solved my issue.
    07-14-15 09:33 AM