I finally received my invite. I had to wait about a month, but I'm "in". Now that I'm in...and had to create a separate BBID (because they don't federate this stuff...who knows why).

Upon logging into the Windows or BB10 BBM Meetings application I am greeted by the notification "you currently don't have host permissions for BBM Meetings. Please contact your administrator."

I have already run through the following steps without success because I do not show any "Entitlements" KB36484-Error "You currently don't have host permissions for BBM Meetings" when logging in to BBM Meetings.

I am posting here because BlackBerry sales' automated voice number says it will call me back within 2 business days. This is NOT the speed of business.

Do any of you have experience here that might help people in my situation?

Thank you,

Sean-Colin

-----
    EDIT -- SUCCESS

1. I Discovered under the Services tab along the left that I needed to click the GREEN button on BBM Meetings
    2. I now see within Entitlements the BBM Meetings category
    3. Within Entitlements -> BBM Meetings, I invited my own email address to BBM Meetings and have now successfully signed in.
    04-21-15 10:09 AM
    I finally received my invite. I had to wait about a month, but I'm "in". Now that I'm in...and had to create a separate BBID (because they don't federate this stuff...who knows why).

Upon logging into the Windows or BB10 BBM Meetings application I am greeted by the notification "you currently don't have host permissions for BBM Meetings. Please contact your administrator."

I have already run through the following steps without success because I do not show any "Entitlements" KB36484-Error "You currently don't have host permissions for BBM Meetings" when logging in to BBM Meetings.

I am posting here because BlackBerry sales' automated voice number says it will call me back within 2 business days. This is NOT the speed of business.

Do any of you have experience here that might help people in my situation?

Thank you,

Sean-Colin

-----
    EDIT -- SUCCESS

1. I Discovered under the Services tab along the left that I needed to click the GREEN button on BBM Meetings
    2. I now see within Entitlements the BBM Meetings category
    3. Within Entitlements -> BBM Meetings, I invited my own email address to BBM Meetings and have now successfully signed in.
    Good stuff. I got mine a few days ago as well. I had a small issue and sales called me back within minutes. I am up and running too. It's nice so far.

If anyone has any experience with Microsoft Lync and knows how BBM meetings stacks up, I'd like to hear it as my organization is considering Lync, but I've got the free trial and a small window to make a BBM meetings case.

What's interesting is that the free trial allows you to give "entitlements" to 10 users to start BBM meetings, not just the person who signed up for the trial and from there, each meeting can be up to 25 people. So theoretically 10 users can initiate as many meetings as they wish spreading the BBM meetings love far and wide if we take advantage of it. Once the trial is up, we'll have to decide how many licences to buy. Based on the nice connection with iOS cross platform I'll definitely be signing up for at least one.

I have a lot more testing to do.
    04-21-15 12:13 PM
    Is BBM Meetings the same as BBM Video?
    Last edited by CatDaddy; 04-22-15 at 01:37 AM.
    04-21-15 05:23 PM
    To the original OP ... I am getting the same message. I saw where you were successful but I don't understand.

Where is the "Services" tab you are referring to?

I am in trial mode and hope I can get it working.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 09:53 PM
    @ Miker It's on the windows console not within the app. Check your emails from BlackBerry as they should guide you, plus it comes with free support.

Once you are logged into the console as administrator, you can see down the left hand side the "entitlements " tab.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 06:25 AM
    Is BBM Meetings the same as BBM Video?
    That plus more. It's cross-platform and allows many other useful features.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 07:03 PM