I currently use BBM for Android on a Samsung, but the lack of a physical keyboard is killing me. Is it possible to run BBM for Android on a Blackberry Q10 (so I can keep the pin everyone already knows and not have to buy a "Blackberry Specific" data plan) or to use my BBM for Android pin on the normal BBM that is installed on the Q10? If I can use the my pin on the normal BBM that is installed, is there any way to get around having to get a "Blackberry Specific" data plan. (I am in the UAE and use both Du and Etisalat). Thanks
    08-07-14 11:06 AM
    I believe bbm would transfer your contacts based on your bbid not your pin.

Also, where do you live? Bb10 doesn't require any special data plan in the US. (or anywhere as far as I know), as it doesn't use BIS.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 11:10 AM
    I don't know about UAE specifically, but in general BB10 doesn't require a specific plan. As far as your PIN goes, I'm not sure what would happen if people add that PIN, but I know the BBM on your phone would be tied to the specific PIN on the phone. Having said that, all the people on your Android BBM would automatically transfer to the Q10 as your BBM is tied to your BBID, assuming you use the same one on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 11:13 AM