Hi there,

For few days now, I am digging into old topics : how to solve error 552, how to unbrick your BB, etc... I have read all threads and I cannot see any solution without a computer.

Indeed, few years ago I burned my micro USB plug on my BB9700 (water all over my phone....) and since then I cannot connect it to my computer or to a power adapter. Fortunately I got two batteries which I charge separately (but this is not why I am asking for help)...

But, my issue is that I got a 552 error during startup - while loading the system (not the first time I get it but previously I solved it) but few days ago, for the first time, I have formatted my SD Card instead of trying to remove and reput it (which worked pretty good the previous times).

And now, this 552 error (Reload software error) is persisting... and I cannot restart my phone

Then I have two requests :
    1) Do you know a way to solve the issue without a computer (i.e.. I do not have access to BB loader, I have tried to press the reset button during the install but nothing happens...) : ask the BB to load as a pure virgin phone without all the applications that can be installed, etc.

2) I think that my BB is looking for the files I have erased on my SD card.... then do you have a copy of the files you have on your sd card in order to try to put those files on my sd card and miraculously it may load during the startup.
    PS: i have tried to recover my files on my sd card but in my great "initiative" I made a "full format"
    I had a BLACKBERRY directory with many other files I did not have any ideas of what they were ... but I could have a try with yours....

I know that it's time to change my phone, but I like it very much and I don't want to waste money in a new one

Thanks in advance !

Cheers.
    07-12-14 06:39 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

As far as I am aware BBOS and Applications do not run from the SD card (I have just tested a 9700 with a formatted SD card and it starts without any issues).

The cheapest (~$10) solution would be to repair your USB port (check ebay with GENUINE BLACK MIDDLE CHASISS WITH PARTS FOR BLACKBERRY 9700 and write to the ebay seller to confirm that the part includes the USB port) and connect your repaired 9700 to a PC and reload the OS.

Good luck!
    Uzi and SebB like this.
    07-12-14 09:46 PM
    Hi redchilli88,

Thanks for your quick answer !

Before buying a new case (that I may do after all ) do you think I can try with a copy of the sd card of your fresh 9700 install ?

or this card is totally empty even after your first boot ?

Thanks in advance !

PS : I may have OS 5 instead of 6... I do not remember :/
    07-13-14 02:17 AM
    I don't know if the formatted card was filled after the first boot as I've already reformatted the card for BB10, but will try to test it again this weekend.
    07-13-14 08:14 PM
    Thank you, let me know
    07-19-14 07:17 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

As far as I am aware BBOS and Applications do not run from the SD card (I have just tested a 9700 with a formatted SD card and it starts without any issues).

The cheapest (~$10) solution would be to repair your USB port (check ebay with GENUINE BLACK MIDDLE CHASISS WITH PARTS FOR BLACKBERRY 9700 and write to the ebay seller to confirm that the part includes the USB port) and connect your repaired 9700 to a PC and reload the OS.

Good luck!

I have just changed my chassis case but usb pin is not working (the chassis does not change it)....

If you can share the SD card content, I will be grateful.
    07-23-14 03:01 PM