i have been sideloading apk s on my BB10 device, it has been working fine, for some apps i need GPS to work, and i can't get the google account to sign in.

what's working :
    - followed cobalts guidelines (mainly!)
    1 - google settings is running i am logged in with my gmail id
    2 - blackberry google id is running ( device is registered)
    3 - play store is running ( downloads the app, fails to install.)
    error : not enough disk space. but i have been sideloading apk s, therefore it's not a problem.

what's not working:
    4- Google account( cobalt's version 4.3.3 ) : asks for password , immediately prompts : can't communicate with google servers.

any advice to resolve the conflict between google services and blackberry services ? or a work around is very welcome.
    thanks in advance. cheers! : )
    08-24-16 06:50 AM
    You can't follow cobalts instruction... "mainly", you have to follow them exactly.

I would delete all that you have "sideloaded", then reboot. Download his APKs (no sideloading required) and run them in the order he has outlined.
    Ahmad27 likes this.
    08-24-16 08:07 AM
    i have been sideloading apk s (apps i meant, not the cobalts files, sorry for the misunderstanding) on my BB10 device, it has been working fine, for some apps i need GPS to work, and i can't get the google account to sign in.

what's working :
    - i have followed cobalts guidelines . ( once more after your suggestion.)
    1 - google settings is running i am logged in with my gmail id
    2 - blackberry google id is running ( device is registered)
    3 - play store is running ( downloads the app, installs it, but google services are still missing.)

what's not working:
    4- Google account( cobalt's version 4.3.3 ) : doesn't log in completly, keeps asking for password for an existing account, after once it has gone through complete sign in for the first time. ( it doesnt show up in third party accounts as told by cobalt)

please advise for getting on the google services running. thanks for your previous response. : )
    08-24-16 01:33 PM
    Sorry I don't know an answer....

I would suggest that you look through Cobalt's thread and see if anyone else has had a issue like yours. If you don't see an answer, I'd post my question in that thread as it's more likely to find an answer from someone monitoring that thread.
    Ahmad27 likes this.
    08-24-16 03:40 PM
    1- the problem with google account sign in :
    it is resolved and google account shows up in the third party accounts in BB settings>accounts.
    reason: i was signed in with same email id on my tablet as the one i was using for my BB10 device, i logged out of my tablet and it logged in successfully on my phone.
    2- Google play services:
    they need to be individually patched. the thread for guide is here http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

thanks for your patience and responses. cheers! : )
    08-25-16 09:44 AM