I was in Thailand, bought a local sim card. Installed in BB Torch 9810 phone but I was unable to remove sim to insert my original (roaming) sim card later. I forced the sim card out with a butter knife at a restaurant, and basically broke it. No sim cards were being read anymore, local Thai or my roaming sim.

I took to a blackberry repair shop, they repaired it. Both sim cards worked again and I could swap them as necessary. BUT...when i plugged in the torch to charge it 3 days later, it did not charge. I tried plugging into laptop, not charging. When I returned to my home country days later, I tried every charger I could find and it would not charge.

I decided just to buy a new phone and I threw this torch in a drawer since I could not connect it to computer or charge it at that time.

Now, I found it again in my drawer and decided to buy an external charger for the battery to charge it, I wanted to fix it and give it to my mom (upgrade from her 2005 flip phone ugh). Torch is not recognizing a connection when i connect the USB to it (not BB data cable...but also no message saying incorrect voltage, etc...nothing), or to the Blackberry wall charger.

But when I charged the battery with external charger and installed charged battery to the BB Torch, I saw my twin son's photo on the wallpaper and remembered that I took videos of their first time in a swimming pool, etc that are ONLY on this phone. I forgot the password now and I entered it incorrectly 7 times. Now on count 8 of 10.

I just want to get my baby photos and baby videos off of it. The rest I don't care about after all this time. These are memories I cannot re-make.

So, two questions:
    1) How do I get my BB Torch 9810 to recognize it is connected to laptop via USB cable (not original BB data cable)? or to even charge via original BB wall charger.
    2) If anyone has the ability to extract my baby videos and baby photos from the phone, I would be interested in knowing a price for your assistance or telling me how I could do it myself, which would normally include question #1 being resolved first.
    03-26-15 02:23 PM
    Next time use eyebrow tweezers!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    05-28-15 01:35 AM
    I was in Thailand, bought a local sim card. Installed in BB Torch 9810 phone but I was unable to remove sim to insert my original (roaming) sim card later. I forced the sim card out with a butter knife at a restaurant, and basically broke it. No sim cards were being read anymore, local Thai or my roaming sim.

I took to a blackberry repair shop, they repaired it. Both sim cards worked again and I could swap them as necessary. BUT...when i plugged in the torch to charge it 3 days later, it did not charge. I tried plugging into laptop, not charging. When I returned to my home country days later, I tried every charger I could find and it would not charge.

I decided just to buy a new phone and I threw this torch in a drawer since I could not connect it to computer or charge it at that time.

Now, I found it again in my drawer and decided to buy an external charger for the battery to charge it, I wanted to fix it and give it to my mom (upgrade from her 2005 flip phone ugh). Torch is not recognizing a connection when i connect the USB to it (not BB data cable...but also no message saying incorrect voltage, etc...nothing), or to the Blackberry wall charger.

But when I charged the battery with external charger and installed charged battery to the BB Torch, I saw my twin son's photo on the wallpaper and remembered that I took videos of their first time in a swimming pool, etc that are ONLY on this phone. I forgot the password now and I entered it incorrectly 7 times. Now on count 8 of 10.

I just want to get my baby photos and baby videos off of it. The rest I don't care about after all this time. These are memories I cannot re-make.

So, two questions:
    1) How do I get my BB Torch 9810 to recognize it is connected to laptop via USB cable (not original BB data cable)? or to even charge via original BB wall charger.
    2) If anyone has the ability to extract my baby videos and baby photos from the phone, I would be interested in knowing a price for your assistance or telling me how I could do it myself, which would normally include question #1 being resolved first.
    Install bblink on your computer and do a backup to computer, then once you access the backup file they will be in the fle somewhere within the backup.

05-28-15 01:37 AM
    Install bblink on your computer and do a backup to computer, then once you access the backup file they will be in the fle somewhere within the backup.

You need to enter the password to back up the device.
    And the dude said it doesn't even connect to computer.

Now the connection part that's a socket that has to be replaced in a repair shop, he probably accidentally unplugged the wire inside while fixing the sim compartment.

And about the videos on the device, if you have an external SD card put it in your adapter and on the computer. Old BlackBerrys didn't have that much storage so everyone had a memory card...
    IF your memory card is not encrypted you'll find your stuff on it.. but accessing files on a locked BlackBerry is kind of out of the questions.. sorry man

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:58 AM
    BBLink doesn't work with pre-OS10 devices. Only BB Desktop Software.
    06-20-15 08:17 PM