Recently my BB torch 9800 won't connect to BBb software for transfer of photos etc. tried solving most issues are, ok like usb cable etc. it was working up to a few days ogo also re-installed software and also to laptop too, still won't connect. The op system is up to date with 6.0 bundle-3049. Is there another way to backup the phone, there is no media card installed, If I update software I will lose everything on the phone, using bb software v-7.1
    any help appreciated, thanks,
    Bill
    09-08-15 01:45 PM
    Depends on what "etc" is, but photos--if you have only a few--you could bluetooth over to your computer if it's bluetooth capable. Also try looking for a .zip manager in App World. It may allow you to put pictures in a .zip, which you could then email to yourself from the phone and then open on your computer (easier than using bluetooth when you have a lot of pictures.)

Some of the stuff you could put on BlackBerry Protect, but that backs up to the cloud and AFAIK can only restore to a device (i.e. you can't save something on your computer.)

Is the phone not being detected even as an external hard drive?
    09-08-15 08:19 PM
    Hi Raino,
    many thanks for reply, sorry for delay. Yes the ph. does open a BB drive in Explorer when hooked to USB in computer, BB software dosen't work anymore, so just exit that out and I retrieved all my photos, under (pictures) great stuff, I'm going to change phone, only other thing I would need is my contacts, over 50. These are not listed in the drive anywhere, looking through the phone for way to get them out, moved them to a folder in (media) and trying to email them out, no luck yet, thanks again.
    Bill
    09-14-15 01:50 PM
    If you're planning to switch to another BB, BlackBerry Protect is a good option to back up your contacts and then restore them to the new phone.
    William Fry likes this.
    09-14-15 11:35 PM