On my BB Priv (CDMA Verizon), the WiFi mysteriously was turned off and my data usage soared (probably from a large number of app updates). I turned on the WiFi and restricted the background data. The latter triggered a delta shaped warning sign to turn off restriction. Now that the WiFi is enabled, is there any reason to restrict background data? With WiFi on wont that keep the data usage from rising again?
    10-22-16 01:22 PM
    On my BB Priv (CDMA Verizon), the WiFi mysteriously was turned off and my data usage soared (probably from a large number of app updates). I turned on the WiFi and restricted the background data. The latter triggered a delta shaped warning sign to turn off restriction. Now that the WiFi is enabled, is there any reason to “restrict background data”? With WiFi on won’t that keep the data usage from rising again?
    That pertains to the carrier data, WiFi data will act as normal.

If you have more questions, you may want to join to participate more fully: How to become a member at CrackBerry
    10-22-16 02:59 PM
    Don't know if you have wifi-calling on Verizon. But a big plus for me, as my home gets terrible cell reception, is to turn off cell service altogether and just use wifi-calling as it save battery by not allowing the phone to continually hunt for service. (I'm on T-Mo).
    10-23-16 08:26 AM