Hi guys, I need your help in deciding whether to buy the Passport SE as my unique device (I hate carrying 2 devices in my pockets).

1. I currently have a z30 and I love it, but honestly it is not working well at the time of running non-native apps (uber, spotify, instagram, google maps, google fotos). I basically use my mobile for working, but in the end, all of us need a couple of basic apps working well, and I certainly need those 5 apps, plus facebook and whatsapp in my day to day, nothing more. Is the Passport faster and smoother at the time of running those apps??.

2. Is it too hard to pass from virtual keyboard to the Passport physical keyboard?.

3. Is it too stupid to buy the Passport when rumours indicates that the Vienna is comming soon?. I know the Vienna will be an android device, but so long it has the bb hub and the bb predictive keyboard, I don�t mind. On the other hand, the Passport was released more than a year ago and is getting older...wallas the Viena will be an up to date device.

4 Many thanks for your help.
    02-25-16 09:41 AM
    Passport is still powerful enough and has a good battery. You really will not need to 'update it' for a long long time. The main question you should ask yourself is if BlackBerry World gives you all your needed applications and if not, if using third-party solutions (snap or amazon) solves your problems. If not, decide to buy android device, as android applications work much better in native environment than on BlackBerry Player. And if you need for example Viber, you cannot use it on Passport.
    If you do not care about applications and about size and strange look of Passport - decision is simple, especially that it will become cheaper and cheaper. But if you really need "uber, spotify, instagram, google maps, google fotos", buy android device. There is new samsung s7, s6 is still a very good device, maybe sony xperia? You mentioned having two devices / two sim cards? There is Xperia x5 dualsim, so you may use both cards in one device - it is a shame BB never released anything like this.
    Passport is still powerful enough and has a good battery. You really will not need to 'update it' for a long long time. The main question you should ask yourself is if BlackBerry World gives you all your needed applications and if not, if using third-party solutions (snap or amazon) solves your problems. If not, decide to buy android device, as android applications work much better in native environment than on BlackBerry Player. And if you need for example Viber, you cannot use it on Passport.
    If you do not care about applications and about size and strange look of Passport - decision is simple, especially that it will become cheaper and cheaper. But if you really need "uber, spotify, instagram, google maps, google fotos", buy android device. There is new samsung s7, s6 is still a very good device, maybe sony xperia? You mentioned having two devices / two sim cards? There is Xperia x5 dualsim, so you may use both cards in one device - it is a shame BB never released anything like this.
    02-25-16 09:49 AM
    I would say that you would be happier in the long run by buying a Android or iPhone. You might find the virtual keyboard on the PRIV to be better if that is a concern. The Passport is great if you do a lot of texting etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 09:56 AM