So hello everyone,

quick background: I've always used phones with physical keyboard HTC Wizard, Samsung 780, HTC G1, HTC Desire Z, Droid 3 and 4. So i was Android user for a very long time. Since i couldn't find any good replacement for Droid 4 i bought myself Q5 (cheapest BB to try BBOS 10).

Phone works fine and im very happy with it, but i still wish it had :

1. Customizable lock screen - for better music control and torchlight operation. I wish i could turn torchlight same way i open camera from lockscreen without having to unlock phone. Is there app for that(r)?
    2. Openvpn - from crackberry forums i see there is no way to run it right now. I know there are other vpn solutions but right now I am not going to implement them just for one phone. Currently living without it.
    3. Native sip/iax support - i would love to see some native sip support. I've tried : mosip, sipfm, taki, and ,well, they work but i must have them running on "desktop".
    4. Blend - current version is buggy for me, also it ignores "replay to" field from particular site (which use a lot) and it drives me crazy.
    5. Maps - Google Maps are slow, unresponsive and drain battery really fast. Is this a problem with my phone (Q5 have slowest processor) or version i have?

Thanks.
    08-11-15 03:02 AM
    Slow you say? It's more likely the signal is bad, making the device double its efforts to get better signal thus wasting your battery.
    09-04-15 10:42 AM
    So hello everyone,

quick background: I've always used phones with physical keyboard HTC Wizard, Samsung 780, HTC G1, HTC Desire Z, Droid 3 and 4. So i was Android user for a very long time. Since i couldn't find any good replacement for Droid 4 i bought myself Q5 (cheapest BB to try BBOS 10).

Phone works fine and im very happy with it, but i still wish it had :

1. Customizable lock screen - for better music control and torchlight operation. I wish i could turn torchlight same way i open camera from lockscreen without having to unlock phone. Is there app for that(r)?
    2. Openvpn - from crackberry forums i see there is no way to run it right now. I know there are other vpn solutions but right now I am not going to implement them just for one phone. Currently living without it.
    3. Native sip/iax support - i would love to see some native sip support. I've tried : mosip, sipfm, taki, and ,well, they work but i must have them running on "desktop".
    4. Blend - current version is buggy for me, also it ignores "replay to" field from particular site (which use a lot) and it drives me crazy.
    5. Maps - Google Maps are slow, unresponsive and drain battery really fast. Is this a problem with my phone (Q5 have slowest processor) or version i have?

Thanks.
    1) Check out Light Anytime in BBW. It allows what you want.
    2)idk
    3)idk
    4)reinstall Blend, make sure it's updated as well. Is your Windows already buggy (obviously it's Windows) and that will affect all of your applications.
    5)Google Maps does a lot. Street view, traffic, GPS, ect... so it's going to suck up a lot of power.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 12:50 PM