I have a BB Curve 9330 with version 6.0 on it.

Trying to back up my phone for an upcoming transfer of ALL files, folders, contacts, calendar events, pictures, memo's, etc. (I have a new phone coming that will not be a BB.) Every time I complete a full back up the backup file shows a lock on it which I take to mean that its encrypted, which I don't need or want.

When I go into the BB Desktop Software under Device>Device Options>Backup under Backup Files the "Encrypt backup file" is NOT checked. So what's going on? (Very frustrated!)

Is there a way to strip the encryption off the file and still have ALL usable data, files, etc. intact for transferring to my new phone?

Thanks for any and all help you can offer up!!!
    06-26-14 12:28 PM
    hi there, which OS is running on your PC?
    06-26-14 01:11 PM
    Win7 Home Premium, SP1, 32 bit
    06-26-14 01:33 PM
    Hi, if it's doing what's it not suppose to, remove the DM, run ccleaner, reboot, reinstall the latest DM from BlackBerry website, and go from there, let us know.
    06-26-14 01:35 PM
    Hi, if it's doing what's it not suppose to, remove the DM, run ccleaner, reboot, reinstall the latest DM from BlackBerry website, and go from there, let us know.
    Well, still encrypting the backup. And I did:
    Remove the BB DM
    Ran CCleaner
    Rebooted
    Re-installed new DM from BB site
    Checked to make sure that "Encrypt backup file" was NOT checked, then did a backup.
    The backup file is still showing a lock on it.

Ready for the next plan of attack...(LOL!) Aren't computers/computerized **** fun?
    06-26-14 06:53 PM