I am on my second day using BB classic and the OS10, and one of the conditions of keeping the phone is that it functions properly as an audio source. Coming from my Galaxy S3 I have a Fiio E07K as a USB DAC/Amp.

The phone recognizes the USB connection each time I plug it in, but it doesn't always change over to USB audio (about half the time it plays through speakers). That is using the native music app.

When using Neutron or Poweramp (installed via Snap) the phone completely ignores the DAC altogether.

Has anyone else solved these issues and can advise if I am missing a step? Is there a way to manually set the phone to default to USB audio out?

I also have an Oppo-2, but I long ago gave up on that working outside of iOS.
    02-19-16 04:10 PM
    I am on my second day using BB classic and the OS10, and one of the conditions of keeping the phone is that it functions properly as an audio source. Coming from my Galaxy S3 I have a Fiio E07K as a USB DAC/Amp.

The phone recognizes the USB connection each time I plug it in, but it doesn't always change over to USB audio (about half the time it plays through speakers). That is using the native music app.

When using Neutron or Poweramp (installed via Snap) the phone completely ignores the DAC altogether.

Has anyone else solved these issues and can advise if I am missing a step? Is there a way to manually set the phone to default to USB audio out?

I also have an Oppo-2, but I long ago gave up on that working outside of iOS.
    Make sure you have the latest OS installed. What OS version are you using?

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 02-22-16 at 11:39 AM.
    02-21-16 08:39 PM
    Thanks for your reply!

OS version is 10.3.2.2474

Edit: As far as I can tell this is the most recent release.
    Last edited by Defaced; 02-22-16 at 11:18 AM.
    02-22-16 10:54 AM
    I've never tried usb audio but obviously I should ask did the headset always work well on other devices ?
    02-22-16 05:08 PM
    I've never had an issue with the E07K on any device it normally works with (primarily Samsung Galaxy S3 and PCs running Windows 7).

The problem hasn't recurred. I'm of the opinion that it was caused either by Neutron or Poweramp. Since they weren't working anyway, I've stopped using them.
    02-25-16 03:44 PM
    I was just trying to use my E07K with Neutron on my Z30 and having the same problem. I was reading on the Neutron support forums where the program's author was saying that FiiO isnt terribly good about getting their USB descriptors right. In that same thread, he's requested that people post descriptors for DACS they have trouble with. I did so...Hopefully it'll be addressed in a future release.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 09:00 PM
    My experience with USB audio was that it will not work if anything else is plugged in. A charger, headphones, bluetooth, HDMI, or anything like that will cause it not to work. By chance, I discovered that the compucessory white USB phone's speaker outputs absolutely terrible sound when connected over USB. However, I have had no problems with connections at all. Does anybody know if a generic USB to headphone and mic adapter with the c-media chip will work? I am trying to make a usb speaker case for my Blackberry Classic.
    06-06-16 11:46 PM