I have been trying to find information about the odd high CPU usage of the Desktop windows application that BB has stopped development on.

All the postings I find about this are more for the Phone side of things. I'm Concerned about the Computer side.

I really like the idea and concept of the Blend Application, however it has some odd behavior and resource issues on my systems. As soon as it starts up, it will kick the CPU up to its max frequency and will not let it ramp down. As long as the blend application is running, its using a % of CPU that correlates with maxing out one core. (my i7 quad it uses 12% of the cpu, my i5 Laptop uses 25%) Needless to say this is aggravating as it uses too much power and impacts run time of the laptop / and makes the fans kick on.

Ive tried the version on their website, i have tried the version that gets prompted for install when i plug in my phone (Classic).

Have others experienced this?

Both Systems are Running Windows 7 Professional N, 64bit. Its not that these are slouches, the i7 is a dell workstation that runs autocad all day, the laptop still has a 2.8Ghz 3rd gen i7.
    09-15-16 07:41 PM
    Never had any issues with my laptop running hard while using Blend. I'm not sure if it's a setting issue or something else.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 08:09 PM
    BlackBerry Blend is dead though

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-15-16 10:04 PM