i bought a blackberry bold 9900, im having problems with it. the guy I bought it from gave it to me with half battery life and when it died I connected it to my blackberry charger and the red light indicates its charging then 20 seconds later the light turns off? does someone know whats going on with it?
    08-08-14 12:13 PM
    Keep it plugged in for a few hours if the battery went to complete drain. BB devices do not like it when you go down to zero battery. They need a minimum volt/current for booting.

Just let it sit and take in the juice for a couple hours and you should be ok. One thing to be aware of is that if the battery in the phone is the ORIGINAL, you may need to replace it with a fresh/new one, as the old one may have lived up to/thru it's duty cycle (number of charging cycles, all batteries have a lifespan).

c
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-08-14 12:37 PM
    yeah I thought that would solve the issue but it hasn't I left the phone plugged in for the whole night and it still hasn't turned on and it still doesn't indicate the red light showing that it is being charged. yesterday I thought that the battery was fried so I bought a brand new one and im still having this problem
    08-08-14 12:43 PM
    i bought a blackberry bold 9900, im having problems with it. the guy I bought it from gave it to me with half battery life and when it died I connected it to my blackberry charger and the red light indicates its charging then 20 seconds later the light turns off? does someone know whats going on with it?
    Hi. What type of charger are you using? Make sure there are no issues with the connectors on the charger (loose), the battery(white strip is pink indicating water damage), and/ or the BlackBerry. If using a Blackberry charger, plug it up and leave it alone for 15 - 20 minutes before checking again. Some of the devices have delayed reactions when recharging- even utilizing BlackBerry Chargers. Above all else, ask your friend if he/she has ever had any issues charging the Blackberry. I always raise an eyebrow at issues that mysteriously start when I buy someone's used device.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-08-14 12:43 PM