Got my Q10 Jan. 2014, is seems to be getting worse on battery life to the point I always have to charge it through out the day so I don't get stuck with it dead. I checked the battery usage last 24rhs and it as follows System 40%, PIM services 17%, Display 15%< Stand by 14% Phone 9%, Browser 5.8%. I don't have any apps running in the back round either. I tend to talk on the phone a bit for work and then of course it drains quicker it becomes my main use of battery power some days.

Do these batteries require replacement after a while? I would like to last for 12hrs of use at least. Or do I need to carry an extra battery?

Is the classic any better of battery life? I went to the cell ph. store on the weekend and of course the first thing they told me is to ditch the Q10 and get a Iphone 5 or samsung 4 as I told them I like my BB because its compact, durable and does what I want. I don't want to have to carry around some huge smart phone around.
    08-11-15 02:50 PM
    It is very possible that your battery is going bad.... it shouldn't in this amount of time. But it happens.

It is also very possible that there is a glitch in BB10 that is causing the drain. Have you updated the OS recenlty? Installed any new apps?

You could....
    Buy a new battery and see if that makes a difference.

Try doing a clean install of the latest OS and then slowly add just your email accounts and see if there is a difference. If not you could try an older OS or just a different radio file (driver) .

Classic only has a slightly larger battery.... "RATED" for 365hrs Stand-By vs the Q10's 360hrs Stand-By.... whatever that means.
    A new battery may not be a bad idea, they are really cheap on Amazon, I got the Q10 battery bundle charger for $10.00.

I've been having similar issues. I'm wanting to do a security wipe but my SD card had been encrypted before I did the latest Verizon os update and didn't realize that it couldn't be decrypted after the update.

Basically from what I've read here in the forums you should wipe your phone and/or reload your os using an autoloader which is what I'll definitely do next time rather than an OTA install.

Good Luck & let us know if you find a fix.
    Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 02:58 PM
    It is very possible that your battery is going bad.... it shouldn't in this amount of time. But it happens.

It is also very possible that there is a glitch in BB10 that is causing the drain. Have you updated the OS recenlty? Installed any new apps?

You could....
    Buy a new battery and see if that makes a difference.

Try doing a clean install of the latest OS and then slowly add just your email accounts and see if there is a difference. If not you could try an older OS or just a different radio file (driver) .

Classic only has a slightly larger battery.... "RATED" for 365hrs Stand-By vs the Q10's 360hrs Stand-By.... whatever that means.
    08-11-15 03:03 PM
    Battery Drain - do I need a new battery?-img_20150812_232627.png
    As you can see, my Q10 went from 100% to 5% within 4 hours. I can't function with this phone anymore as it's so unreliable. I will attempt to do a security wipe this weekend but if not, it's sad to say but I'm done with BlackBerry.

Somewhat frustrated owner of a Q10 (Telus - OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-12-15 10:30 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150812_232627.png 
Views:	411 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	366579
    As you can see, my Q10 went from 100% to 5% within 4 hours. I can't function with this phone anymore as it's so unreliable. I will attempt to do a security wipe this weekend but if not, it's sad to say but I'm done with BlackBerry.

Try a new battery man. That's not normal.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-12-15 11:50 PM
    Try a new battery man. That's not normal.

Posted with my  Classic
    You think that might do it? I sure hope so!

08-13-15 10:58 AM
    I made the original post and got my new battery today. I charged it fully and it's been running this afternoon. But by watching it drain....its not going to solve the issue I can see. Frustrating as the Q10 used to give me a day of usage!! What the heck happened! I have to search the forums more I guess,
    08-19-15 05:57 PM
    I reinstalled the OS following my last post but the problem still remains. I'm not encouraged by the original poster's last post stating that a new battery hasn't fixed the issue either. Might be time to move away from BlackBerry...

Proudcdnguy (Q10 - Telus - 10.3.2.2252
    08-21-15 10:15 AM
    I suppose BBVE gives a fairly good analysis of what uses up battery most. You might also try device re boots a couple of times while charging. This is believed to re calibrate the battery. No personal experience to back up though.

Posted via CB10
    proudcdnguy likes this.
    08-21-15 10:42 AM
    I've had my q5 for 2 years now and I still get through the whole day with no problems. Normally at 30% by the end of the day.

Obviously your battery has had a hard life lol
    Maybe time to replace it. Luckily hardware never gets tired so your q10 will be brand new after the operation

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give
    proudcdnguy likes this.
    08-21-15 01:42 PM
    I got it working pretty good. For reference for those searching for info go to this thread
    09-06-15 11:21 AM
    The radio file can break or make your battery. For those on Q10, Z10, Classic use the OS or just the radio from OS 840 or 2252. Or OS 2639 with radio 799 as this fixes the system being bugged out, double typing is gone, battery life is great. If you use NFC use radio from 840 as the 799 radio doesn't have NFC support. The radio from 2339 and 2639 is for the passport that has a much larger battery.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-06-15 11:35 AM