Hello everyone. I'm using BlackBerry z10 STL 103 from the last week. I'm observing some serious battery drain even on idle state. what a tragedy for me. I was just testing every features of BlackBerry z10 without using Mobile network, wifi,nfc,bluetooth with minimal brightness I encountered serious drain on BlackBerry battery. I have also noticed faulty battery remaining % in the device monitor. I also observed some heating on back side panels. I have also checked using on 2g&3g it still drains. I'm on software version 10.2.1.2179. Any fix other than usual tips & accessories are welcome!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 08:22 AM
    You could wipe and reload the OS and this time not restore your apps. Download them one at a time and see which apps are the culprits. Especially for the overheating. That is why the battery drains. The overheating suggests something running all the time in the background.
    06-19-14 09:05 AM
    Hello everyone. I'm using BlackBerry z10 STL 103 from the last week. I'm observing some serious battery drain even on idle state. what a tragedy for me. I was just testing every features of BlackBerry z10 without using Mobile network, wifi,nfc,bluetooth with minimal brightness I encountered serious drain on BlackBerry battery. I have also noticed faulty battery remaining % in the device monitor. I also observed some heating on back side panels. I have also checked using on 2g&3g it still drains. I'm on software version 10.2.1.2179. Any fix other than usual tips & accessories are welcome!

Posted via CB10
    search "PIM solution" on crackberry..!!
    06-19-14 09:39 AM
    I have already done lots of research in this site bro even i have seen your PIM solution.the thing is even i havent added my email accounts yet just i have facebook,whatsapp alone as battery drains like hell.I am fed up.If i do a restore from BB link will i have to download the os 1.1GB data again?
    06-19-14 11:50 PM
    You could wipe and reload the OS and this time not restore your apps. Download them one at a time and see which apps are the culprits. Especially for the overheating. That is why the battery drains. The overheating suggests something running all the time in the background.
    I am wondering is that 4G doing the drain.But i am using it now in India in 2G & 3G mode only ,even i have tested using mobile network off mode.I dont think apps are the culprits as i am watching them in device monitor carefully.its default BB apps calendar,search,phone takes some meaty memory,battery.basic problem is BB 10 i think they havent properly managed their apps to run in background without consuming memory,battery.its funny to see file picker,picture previewer stays open in device monitor even if we had closed properly
    06-20-14 12:07 AM