My 9800 torch recently died before I could do a physical back up although I have backups of contacts etc via Blackberry protect. Once I get my replacement which will be the Z30, can I recover mg contacts, passwords and other data from my protect account and load it onto the new Blackberry? I have read somewhere about link as apparently protect does not do the same things on Blackberry 10 as on older OS?

As my old device does not work or connect to laptop I would need confirmation and instructions asto how I can do it. Any help would be appreciated... Also, does Blackberry 10 have a password keeper like OS6 did?
    07-30-14 05:28 PM
    My 9800 torch recently died before I could do a physical back up although I have backups of contacts etc via Blackberry protect. Once I get my replacement which will be the Z30, can I recover mg contacts, passwords and other data from my protect account and load it onto the new Blackberry? I have read somewhere about link as apparently protect does not do the same things on Blackberry 10 as on older OS?

As my old device does not work or connect to laptop I would need confirmation and instructions asto how I can do it. Any help would be appreciated... Also, does Blackberry 10 have a password keeper like OS6 did?
    I don't recall the issues with Password Keeper but I think you have to download it. You might want to download it before using Protect but I don't recall if it restores passwords or not. It now is a import/export function but if your old device is dead, you probably can't export.

Protect on the new OS is a one-way, one time restore. If there is data "out there" you can use it to restore.
    07-30-14 05:40 PM
    You can do a one time transfer from legacy Protect to a BB10 device. It will transfer just about everything that's in your Protect backup, including Password Vault information. When I got my Q10 I was impressed at just how little configuration I needed to do after transferring my data from my old 8530.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:43 PM
    Thanks that sounds good but what is the process to do the one time back up?
    07-31-14 04:17 AM