Does BlackBerry phones really has automatic brightness? I saw it today by changing my locations it's brightness is really changing. Than what is the use of brightness settings in the device if it is set for automatic on its own?

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    01-27-15 11:03 AM
    Yes they do, it's a light sensor near the front camera, the slider for brightness adjusts how much the auto brightness can go up or down, I find it rather useful.
    01-27-15 11:05 AM
    Yes they do, it's a light sensor near the front camera, the slider for brightness adjusts how much the auto brightness can go up or down, I find it rather useful.
    That's nice. It is very good

01-27-15 11:10 AM
    That's nice. It is very good

Its one of the best auto brightness I've seen as well. It's so good most people think that it's not even there.
    01-27-15 02:20 PM
    The auto brightness is decent. But the inability for the user to disable it is a fail.
    01-27-15 03:06 PM
    The auto brightness is decent. But the inability for the user to disable it is a fail.
    Explain? It can go from extremely dark to extremely bright in any situation. Don't mention the amoled screens being too dark because that's not related to the autobrightness
    Last edited by mad_mdx; 01-27-15 at 04:24 PM.
    01-27-15 03:57 PM
    Explain? It can go from extremely dark to extremely bright in any situation. Don't mention the amoled screens being too dark because that's not related to the autobrightness
    I mean you can't disable the auto brightness feature. Like you can with Android, iOS, Windows Phone and every other operating system that has an auto brightness feature.
    01-27-15 04:49 PM
    I mean you can't disable the auto brightness feature. Like you can with Android, iOS, Windows Phone and every other operating system that has an auto brightness feature.
    But why is that a big deal? Or a deal at all? Just can't imagine the situation where simply controlling it with the slider isn't enough
    01-27-15 07:42 PM