I've downloaded some audio files that are showing up in my file manager, but not in my music player. I've downloaded this type file before but haven't had this happen.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 12:00 PM
    I've downloaded some audio files that are showing up in my file manager, but not in my music player. I've downloaded this type file before but haven't had this happen.

Posted via CB10
    If you Open the audio file from within File Manager, does it launch the Music app and play it OK?
    02-23-17 01:34 PM
    Yep. Just as if it was from the music player.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 01:36 PM
    Yep. Just as if it was from the music player.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a SD card in your device and what is the make/model of your device?
    02-23-17 01:45 PM
    Yes. BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 01:47 PM
    Yes. BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    First try a Soft Reset:
    Reset a BlackBerry smartphone
    • Press and Hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons at the same time for 10 seconds.
    • You will know if you pressed them at the same time as you will see a Screen shot notice.
    • After ten seconds, release the button, the device will reboot.

NOTE: It is normal for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to 5 minutes after a Soft Reset, as it is working hard rebuilding caches and restart background app and services, so it is best to just let it sit for five minuted before continuing to trouble shoot.
    What this does is clears running memory and caches and power cycles the device, but it doesn't delete anything.

The Music app doesn't actually have direct access to the files, only a cache of those files, unlike the File Manage. So a corrupted cache will cause stuff to not show up in Music app, but do show up in File Manage.

If the Soft Reset doesn't fix it, the try renaming the file in question to some other names, like "Test", and see if it then shows up.

One other thing, sometimes music files have meta-data that is different from the file name. So while the file name may be "Some Music.mp3" the meta data might be "Great Tune.mp3".
    See what name is displayed in Music when the file is launched form File Manager.
    02-23-17 02:44 PM
    I renamed them all. When I launch from the file manager it says "song title" instead of what I renamed the file.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 05:39 PM
    I renamed them all. When I launch from the file manager it says "song title" instead of what I renamed the file.

Posted via CB10
    Still not showing up in the Music app at all?
    02-23-17 07:31 PM
    Oddly, yes as "Song Title"
    Never had this happen before. It has always been pretty seamless. It may be with the files themselves.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 07:33 PM
    Every one has the same "song title" name. Not what I gave them.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 07:34 PM
    In the Music app on the file/album/artist listing screen, tap the three bars in the lower right and choose All Songs.
    See if the files show there as you named them.
    The main reason I had you rename is it would narrow out two possible bugs that would cause the files to not show:
    #1 The file name had characters or encoding that the BlackBerry can't properly display. I run into this a lot with J-pop and Anime soundtracks.
    #2 The Music app was sticking on not updating the file list cache.

Renaming clears either bug quickly.

But it's starting to sound like it may be a meta-data issue.
    What is the source of the audio files you are having this glitch with?
    02-23-17 07:46 PM
    It is a website that is providing older audio files of sermons preached by a preacher who has passed on.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 11:05 AM
    It is a website that is providing older audio files of sermons preached by a preacher who has passed on.

Posted via CB10
    Can you post a link to one of the files in question?
    I can take a look at it and see if I can figure out what the issue is.
    02-27-17 12:07 PM
    You might need to fix the ID3 tags.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-27-17 12:43 PM
    02-27-17 12:59 PM
    Yes, the issue is the meta data.
    The ID3 Title tag for this file is "Song Title"
    This is a mess-up by whoever converted these recordings to MP3, they left settings at default.

It's pretty easy to fix this on your end, if you have a Windows computer:

1. In Windows Explorer, right click the file, either on your computer or from within the saved location on your connected BlackBerry Classic, choose Properties.
    2. In the pop up window, choose the Details tab.
    3. Click in the Title slot where is says Song Title and type in what you want the file to show up as in the Music app list. For example, you can type or copy in the file name, as it looks like this is for book/chapter/verse.
    4. Once you are done, click Apply and OK.
    5. Now load the file onto your Classic, or if it's already there, close and reopen the Music app.

The file should now show up as you Titled it.

Another option is to click where it says "Remove Properties and Personal Information" and follow the dialog.
    This way the MP3 will show up as per it's file name.

Audio Files-ptghyo4.png
    02-27-17 02:22 PM
    Thank you so much!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-27-17 06:40 PM